Sunday, July 5, 2020

A Special Treat

Right now I am holed up with my computer while my husband watches some of his favorite Youtube content down the hall. Since today is a longtime friend's birthday, my cell phone is nearby in case she calls following my simple text message.

To my surprise, it rang but turned out to be my husband calling. Upon my answering, he spoke in a super soft voice.

I just want you to know I have a kitty on my lap," he said, "so please be cautious when you enter the room."


The warning is appreciated as Jezebel can be flighty. I would love to take a photo. Unfortunately that is sure to make her bolt.


One of My Rarer Jezzy Moments
March of 2018
Can someone explain why some cats seem to distrust cameras? Do you think it is because something that blocks the human face can be confusing?


-

12 comments:

  1. Celestial Angel and Chuck grew up with a camera in their faces; it never really fazed them. Da Boyz are mostly used to me snapping away at them, although I make sure there is not flash, nor any clicking noises. Sweetie doesn't really care for it, but she doesn't fight either. And...you've seen The PO'M; he adores having his picture taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are weird. No idea why she's camera shy. He didn't text you? I've been known to get texts and send texts to roommates who are just in the other room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photo. I think cats dislike the flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. Thanks! Hmmm... I may use the flash more than I realize. Oops.

      Delete
  4. They just know, and don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have faced the similar situation with my cats. I don't know if that's because the strange object (camera) in front of them unnerves them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely interesting creatures, and often soooo different. :)

      Delete
  6. Well it could be from my pets experience that they are tired of me snapping pics!! HAHA...However, with a reg camera and not a cell there is a light that goes off on the front of the camera before it snaps. Not a flash but a small light. But again....mine get tired but they know that it is not going to make a difference so they bear it!! haha...You see how many pics I have of Lily and Dakota THE KING was my master model!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dakota was a real doll. ~hugs~ I miss him even though we never met face to face!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!