Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Blue Meanie – an Update, another Pun, and a Crazy Kitty

I don’t really like my nickname for our lovely 2017 replacement Volt, but decided to run with Blue Meanie here, for now. As for an update, our newest vehicle is more a peach than we knew.

Turns out we can access the newbie’s history through a Volt website. You see, my husband geeks out over my energy use statistics and sharing information with other fans. On an amusing aside, he received a message from the site inquiring over our 2014 ‘baby’ due to a lack of communication.

Maybe they have a RIP page. Heh…

As for this history, to our amazement the person leasing her the last three years ran the car on gasoline to a near exclusive degree. So the battery is all but brand new (!) and should serve us very well. That ’14 lost little charge capacity despite constant taxing.

In all likelihood, due to the longer battery range our car will one day run a cycle that utilizes aging fuel, burning it off. In this current cold I have been using a fraction of a gallon for every five or ten mile drive, a protective mode warming the battery system.

On the punny note, a friend of mine driving a standard (not diesel) Chevy Cruze calls it ‘Tom’. Get it? ~rolls eyes~ Maybe I’ll just go with ‘Baby’ again. Any better suggestions?

On the subject of cats, for some strange reason crazy little Jezebel seems to like tasting my body lotion. Fortunately, Griffin Remedy Omega-3 Ultra Moisturizing Skin Food lists nothing harmful in the product.

Did you know it’s possible, though not easy, to type while a cat licks the back of your hand and fingers?

-

12 comments:

  1. How about Baby 2.0? I'm glad you're even more happy with your purchase. That's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hey, I could name the care 'Deuce'. Hmmm... Be well!

      Delete
  2. Too funny that your cat likes lotion! I can't say that I've ever tried typing while a cat is licking my fingers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom :) That is funny :) I wonder what it is about the lotion that Jezebel likes? My Joanie is always licking me, I joke she is tasting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh... I wonder, too. Let's be grateful Joanie and Jezzy don't get tempted to get a better taste. Be well!

      Delete
  4. Have you considered song lyrics for naming your car? That's where I start. (Or started. The one time. I've been driving the same car for *mumblemumblemumble*.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called my last car the Catmobile. I call this one the Cat Wagon. I hope you come up with a clever name! It does need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, perfect for you. ~hugs~ Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete
  6. Starting at the bottom of your post and moving up....I just wished Lily would lick me! haha. . Not at all a loving girl and not a licker. But I did have a dog once that loved Vaseline lotion. Licked my legs, arms and hands all the time! Now as for a name for your new baby, did you say it was Peach in color? How about Peachy! haha. My Prius is silver - and although I have never been one to name my cars at one point I addressed my car as the Silver Bullet. Not sure how the Volt works but my Prius works and switches back and forth from gas to charge. It does it on its own, I don't know why and when it decides to do it but so long as it does its own thing and keeps running...I am good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *You* are good. ~nods~ Thanks for all the giggles.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!