Thursday, March 7, 2019

Exercise Wins Again


Let me start at the beginning before explaining this post’s title.

This morning I struggled with something that should have been one of the little joys in this life. A new compact disk came in the mail and I uploaded the album to my laptop endeavoring to sync my iPod Touch with iTunes. The normal opening steps achieved, the last failed, communication between linked software evaporated.

Grabbing my trusty old iPod Classic and its cord, I hit pay dirt. The album loaded in less time than it takes to turn on my computer. What the heck? Software and both hardware devices rebooted, follow-on Internet tips explored, and several more attempts provided the same failed results.

Following the fourth or sixth (?) failure my husband returned from a routine doctor appointment. Ever the mensch and longtime computer expert, he offered to help. Sent links to additional suggestions confused me more until he took over my laptop and iPod, me standing over his shoulder.

Together, we finally solved the issue. He managed to pull up a Touch settings popup window in iTunes. There, I discovered a checkbox preventing a sync with the entire library. Since my newest album was not selected by hand, the program overlooked all those tunes.

Grrr…

I’m thinking now that perhaps an earlier reboot of my Touch changed that setting. Otherwise, why have I not fought with it every time, or today with the Classic?

Worse than this frustration, and the mild blood pressure spike such electronic brawls always trigger, is that my current brain chemistry translates elevated BP as a reason to full-on panic. My guy wanted to show off the navigation upgrade he wants to gift me for our new car’s OnStar package (since I refuse to carry a smart phone… Heh…). I couldn’t do it. I had to walk away with apology.

Heart hammering and head starting to pound, I needed to jump on the NordicTrack before things got worse. Blessedly, exercise speeding my heart sort of resets the mechanics. Cooling down, my body calmed to normal. What a relief.

Mr. Williams hanged himself at age 34 in 1998.
Have you ever heard of tragic American Gothic singer Rozz Williams or his musical projects?

-

25 comments:

  1. Exercise is a cure for many things. Excellent.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to realize that you and I don't do the same type of music. Apparently exercise is not something we have in common either! haha...although it used to be years ago....YEARS, and YEARS ago! haha. My method of dealing these days is to shut down, take a nap. Yep, that is life for me. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. We disagree on music from what I've learned. :) But you take care of yourself, my dear. Be the healthiest you can be.

      Delete
  3. I have not heard of Rozz Williams, how sad he killed himself. I find chocolate more soothing than exercise. I gave it up for Lent though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, never heard of him! I looked him up. Darla, I'm not sure I'd listen to a group named "Premature Ejaculation!" Sad he suffered to the point he may have chosen suicide.

    Just WHY don't you want a smart phone? You've mentioned using your husband's, so you KNOW they have some value! Mine is old (5c, which is OLD!), but does all I need, and I love the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ahem... I posted a serious typo before deleting. (derp) As for a response, that one project *was* named over the top. Christian Death is the band I checked out and appreciate. And smart phones are snoops. Truth.

      Delete
    3. Darla, we need to be careful with tablets and laptops in public places too. They can easily be monitored remotely. That student sitting with his laptop, drinking coffee and doing "homework" may have what is called a "pineapple" that can replace the coffee shop's actual WIFI with their software! It's like a middleman computer! They are small and cheap, under $100, so they are common. I had intense training on recognizing things like that when I worked my last job. It was eyeopening, and scary! They would also send out fake phising emails to see if any of us would fall for them and click links! If we reported them, we'd get a "congratulations!" message!
      Would buying digital albums to download directly have helped your issue? Or, do you like the real disks to play?

      Delete
    4. It's a scary world, for sure. I like having a real disk. ~grin~ That way I always have a hard copy if technology fails. Heh...

      Delete
  5. Oh I hate such glitches. Awful. Traumatizing. BP raising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technical problems like you had make me want to tear my hair out! Exercise is such a good way of calming down and getting those feel good endorphins into action. I had never heard of Rozz Williams but I have just listened to Time on YouTube and really loved it. So thanks for that; I'm now going to search out more of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all is well that ends well, reminds me I am waiting on an amazon book delivery ordered jan 30...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Technology glitches. My blog would be poorer without them. (Such great stories from the classroom trenches...) You know, you can protect yourself from a lot of the cell phone things if you know what to look for. It's so nice to carry a computer with you wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like mine for the camera! And a phone of course...

      Delete
    2. I like *not* being connected all the time. lol Be well! As for a camera, Lisa, my iPod touch has a fantastic camera. Lucky me.

      Delete
  9. Technology glitches are super annoying. I did not know Rozz Williams until I looked him up. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missing you and reading your post.....and in reply to your comment on my post today...as far as I know, I am up to date on my tetanus shot! HAHA....I love RUST. I love the look it brings to things. It brings in the rustic look I love. Course I had to wonder how you would have felt about me being out and about in the pasture with horse and pig pooh! ....but I will tell you I had on my farm rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darla,
    Today's world ... multiple devices, multiple technologies, multiple issues!
    Hadn't heard about Rozz Williams before. I looked up the web. Sad to know the way his life ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on all counts. ~nods~ Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!