Wednesday, March 13, 2019

A Comical Choice and Amusing Accord


Discussion regarding our new Chevrolet Volt led to my sharing prior thoughts on calling her Blue Meanie. My husband liked the idea, as it turned out, having enjoyed with me a recent viewing of the Beatles animated film “Yellow Submarine.”

Mean, yes. Also fun and colorful!
Since we have a collection of plush and plastic sharks honoring our favorite vacation spot, I suggested maybe trying to find a Blue Meanie plushie. That idea fell by the wayside when he found them costing $50 and, in addition, I didn’t want to crowd out the sea life.

Heh…

Another idea came to me, and I ordered vinyl stickers, including the one above from Redbubble and this below. I hope they hold up well as the one we had on our last Volt, again advertising our love of North Carolina’s Outer Banks.
Ordered off Amazon in a smaller size than the one shown above...
Have you ever seen the psychedelic film “Yellow Submarine”?

-

14 comments:

  1. No, I've never seen one, but I remember that song. I graduated high school in 1969. Of course I remember Yellow Submarine.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I meant the movie, not an actual submarine, so I updated that. ~grin~ Thanks! I hope you're having a lovely day, too.

      Delete
  2. Definitely! We have it on VHS. We still have a VHS player, as well as newer players. That album has a lot of the best The Beatles on it. I will admit, I'm not a The Beatles fan... I gauge myself by asking if a song came on the radio in the car, would I press a button to check out what was on other stations. Unfortunately, I'd press to change for nearly all The Beatles.

    By the way, due to some problems with posts and posters, my blog won't be accepting comments for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting you have the movie but don't much care for the music. I recall you running VHS still. Good for you. I'm holding onto my DVD collection despite the online streaming options.

      Sorry you're having blog issues. Be well!

      Delete
  3. haha...I have not seen that movie. Blue Meanie....funny what folks call their cars. Until now I never did that and even now I don't call it Silver Bullet. But my friend always calls hers Gus. At first it threw me off and I had to think, who the crap is Gus. Now its all a norm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cool stickers. I have not seen that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen clips of the movie, but never the whole thing. I think. It came out slightly before I was born, so my parents might have had it on at a time before my memory kicked in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It's pretty cheerful, like the movie. ~grin~ My beloved boys in Palaye Royale reference the lyrics. Take care!

      Delete
  7. Yellow Submarine looks great.
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!