Sunday, October 23, 2022

A Head Shaking Moment

In 1994 we moved into this house. From day one I never liked its window treatments.

I bought or in some cases sewed replacement curtains long ago. We had the kitchen renovated in 2011 and yet I still allowed that hated overlong cord on the kitchen blinds to remain. Its length got steadily yuckier through the years despite my efforts to keep the thing out of the way.

That resolution alone should have been easy enough. But wait… the cord’s too long? Ummm… ~smacks head~ Cutting away dirty string and reattaching the scrubbed pull handle solved everything. It looks so much better.


 


Do you think the smallest ‘first world’ annoyances linger because they intrude so little in our daily lives? Should I replace that old fashioned pull handle with something more modern and interesting?

-

15 comments:

  1. Err, no. The handle sill suit the style of the blinds I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hubby complains about our blinds, but does he do anything about changing them? No?
    Suffer, little man...I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've solved the problem. We didn't like our windows or our mini blinds here so we put in new windows and shutters. We love our windows now.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I'm very familiar. It's the simple solution that eluded you for way too long. And then it doesn't take all that long to do the fix. I have quite a few of those, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could put a catnip toy on the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read your post I was thrown back to reading again from the beginning, cause the white string pull looked like a toilet brush in a holder on a decorative floor! lol....sorry! Yep, I would change that that pull out if it bothered me that much. Otherwise, I would just flip it up and drape it over the top, unless you use it often. All my blinds are set the way I want them and they stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for apologies. I see what you saw, now, and it's funny. :D I'm currently happy with that window treatment.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!