Saturday, September 24, 2022

Replies & More

I appreciate all you kind folks for replying on my last post. :D Thank you, Pradeep, for the suggestion about file recovery. Alas, the software I bought for $30(US) apparently doesn’t work with the iPod. I should have had my husband the tech wizard research it. ~sigh~ On the bright side, smoothies made at home are indeed quite inexpensive, Andrew, even though everything is going up in price.

And once again, Strayer, it seems we are much alike. I tend to keep my favorite shirts safely in the closet unless we’re going out. On such occasions, I’m lucky if dining out doesn’t stain my clothes. lol I hope you can enjoy your been sprouter, Ellen, and glad to have reminded you.

As to my lazy title referencing ‘more’, I found Terra willing to check out a later smoothie. And Polly posed on my Japanese style bench. Bonus (!), I didn’t lose these photos.
Inspector Terra on the Job
It’s time I do a serious backup from my laptop to an external hard drive. Call me paranoid, I don’t quite trust the online cloud storage options.

Deputy Inspector Polly on break...
Do you backup your files on a regular basis?

-

14 comments:

  1. That smoothie looks good to us. We use an online service that automatically backups everything so we don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should backup mine more often but I did finally get an external hard drive for back up and do so once a month. I told my cats last night, after discussing the ragged state of my wardrobe with my brother, that I need to acquire at least one nice set of clothes and shoes, for going out (more likely for funerals).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you get to go out on many joyous occasions! ~hugs~ Monthly backups are what I should be doing.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm a bit dubious about cloud storage. Everything I have does back up to the cloud, but I do also keep an external hard drive. The cloud is probably fine. But there's no reason not to have your own backup on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make semi regular backups. Photos to the cloud and a portable driver, used to be dvds, and other matters to a second hard drive, with a copy of passwords and really important things to a memory stick as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used up all of the storage on my 2-year old laptop. I've backed up my photo library to two external drives, and went ahead with iCloud. Losing any photo had me tangled in knots for years, so I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I store my photos online at Walgreens- probably not the brightest idea. And my blog is protected through GoDaddy. I have no idea how to back up files, I am computer illiterate. Cute kitties. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're way smarter than what you give yourself credit for. ~nods~ Thanks for the love, my dear.

      Delete
  7. I have a back up every now and agaon, but------Katie Isabella does it. And with her back feets! Should I be concerned? I hope iCloud storage works on account I have 10,000 (really) pictures in it. Thank you Darla for your precious- to- me comments on Katie's bloggies. They meant more than you can imagine. XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the giggles. :D And I'm sorry I fell so far behind on reading your blog posts. ~hugs~ Blessings, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!