Wednesday, September 21, 2022

A Berry, Berry, Beanie Breakfast and a Not-So Smooth Move

I lost photos, so my frustration is taking the form of just posting without them. Sorry...

We own a yogurt maker from the 1970’s, believe it or not, and my husband decided to bring the unit back into service. Since you need an equal amount of cow’s milk and a spoonful of yogurt for the active cultures, the point is sort of lost on me. But it does extend the usefulness of milk past its prime, so there’s that.

I have thus been enjoying yogurt smoothies most mornings. Today I tried something new. I mixed blueberries, cherries, and a few sprouted mung beans.

Oh, I also have a sprouting machine my husband found online. I appreciate the gift. He knows I enjoy various sprouts.

As for my smoothie, I plan to make the same tomorrow only with still more of the supposed healthy sprouts as they have such a mild flavor.d

I also decided to go to the gym, and put on an old white T-shirt for the occasion. Of course I spilled my lovely purple drink all down the front. ~rolls eyes~ At least the stains came out in the wash. Acting fast with a pre-treating solution did the trick.

Are you familiar with Oxy-Clean? Is there another fruit you would suggest for my smoothies?

-

16 comments:

  1. I have a bean sprouter I had forgotten about- thanks for the reminder. Strawberries would be good too. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be cheap to make your own smoothie. They cost a fortune here to buy made up and ready to drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. We don't go to Starbucks for coffee, either. Be well!

      Delete
  3. My Tshirts and blouses all seem to immediately wear my breakfast. Oh yeah I know oxy clean. I like to put pumpkin seeds in my smoothies, because I like an added crunch. I often use over ripe bananas, yogurt and raspberries or blackberries, whatever might be in my yard ripe. Strawberries are a favorite in my concoctions as well as mango pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of having fruit growing in your yard. :D

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious. I've never been into smoothies though. A bowl of assorted fruit works for me.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I've gotten into smoothies lately, to be honest. ~hugs~

      Delete
  5. Bananas are always great in smoothies. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries...not so sure about grapes, oranges but I guess apples will work also. I have changed some ways I am eating to get my cholesterol level down....I have even so much fruit, and raw veggies that a few times I think my sides are turned inside out!! lol....I know TMI. lol....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any berries that are in season sure are good in smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your pictures. I was just battling pictures on my computer, too. It sounds like you've got your smoothie game down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had better luck recovering your images. ~nods~ And I'm not sure about my last two smoothies. lol Banana didn't pair well with my bean sprouts and yesterday the store bought raspberries were surprisingly tasteless. Ah, well. Perfection would be boring.

      Delete
  8. O, that is so unfortunate to lose the pics.
    Did you take the photos on the mobile? If so, there must be some way that it can be backed up online.
    Smoothies are always nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!