Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Miscellanous Minutia

About a week ago I attended a graduation party in Northeast Ohio. After braving the usual freeway insanity heading north I decided to take surface roads home. That took longer yet provided more interesting views and fewer screeching brakes.

I didn't know Nashville, Ohio existed...
...Or that a city represents our state's
geographic center. Huh...

I stayed overnight with my brother. It was odd. The living space he wants to renovate is a deathtrap and his health crisis in January limits his capacity. Worse, he rents a room to the former occupants' son who doesn't help out as promised. My brother Brian also cares for this dude's dog and that of his eldest daughter. The former got in my car and didn't want to leave.
First up, this sweetie is a handful my
niece's other dog dislikes.


Near blind, Lexi was defensive yet sweet.
I rather wanted to take her home but it
would have been rightfully vetoed.

After I returned home my husband and I went to an amazing international market. We missed going since the Chinese 'coof' hit but exploring the huge space with oxygen restricting face masks made the ideal unpalatable.
However, this ugly hybrid photographed
between two lemons was very palatable


Would you live in a house where bits of floor are falling into the cellar? Can you blame little Lexi for wanting out of there?

-

18 comments:

  1. Goodness, it sounds like your brother is in a very bad place. I can see why Lexi wanted to hitch a ride home with you.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He acted happy there, though, which I found strange. Thank you for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your brother is in a bind. I would not want to live there and I don't blame Lexi for wanting to go with you. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand his happy attitude despite moving far from an unhappy marriage. It made me soooo glad to come home. Hugs back, my dear.

      Delete
  3. It doesn't sound like your brother is in a good place. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I worry, yet he seem happy. It's a mystery.

      Delete
  4. I believe that Lexi is quite the wise pooch! Dang, they moved Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never say never but ....if i had no choice I guess I would. I would hate it all the way, but I would also pull out the saws and see what I could do. Sounds like with your brothers health and someone taking advantage of him, he can't get things done. SHAME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. And yet he's happy. Odd. Thank you for the concern.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear your brother's living situation isn't ideal, especially given his health. I don't in any way mean to make light of it, but "Would you want to live in a house where bits of floor are falling into the cellar?" sounds like an awesome writing prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renovate...he absolutely must and I hope he has a contractor or at least bids on doing things. If nothing else, please(and I imagine you did) urge him to get the floor fixed asap. And I hope the son of the former owner has a job and is not freeloading. And I would hope he decides to hold the renter responsible for what he is supposed to do. Call me Mighty Mouse. Here I come to save the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realized that I replied to this post but failed to mention the Nashville connection. There are actually eight cities in the US that have that name. All on this side of the US. Arkansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina and of course the only capital is us in TN.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!