Tuesday, September 17, 2019

What Fish?


Because he likes to hear my reaction sight unseen from another room, my husband emails me the occasional shocking website link. Today’s article features a surreal looking deep sea fish. In the subject line he typed “Sweet Dreams!”

Upon seeing the handsome young angler, Oscar Lundahl, I knew how to respond. I waited until my husband approached to question me so he couldn’t misunderstand the sassy comment.

“What did you think of that fish?” he asked, grinning.

“Actually, it took me a while to see the fish.”

Confused, he looked over my shoulder at the image. Realization dawned and he burst out laughing. “Well, I’m definitely not gay.”
(He's nineteen?! Don't judge; I'm harmless)
If you are not too squeamish to view this doomed creature, an unaltered photograph is located at the bottom of this post. I also recommend this short article on The Sun website.

Have you ever gone deep sea fishing?

~

By the way, I am happy to report that Tilly the cat is breathing easy right now, happy sleeping on my husbands lap.


-

Keep scrolling for the freaky faced fish...


.....
.....


.....


.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....


Chimaeras Monstrosa Linnaeus AKA Ratfish

-

15 comments:

  1. Pretty cool-looking fish, and that young blond is a hotty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahahahaha. You have the same kind of humor as I do. I've been known to do this very thing.

    This fish is rather weird looking. Not everything can be attractive. Well the guy with the fish is.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the grin and hug! Best wishes, my dear.

      Delete
  3. That is funny. I prefer older men though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would look at the fish in that photo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com. ,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy fish. Cute guy, though. We can look...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will admit I do not know everything but a RATFISH.....crazy! I have learned the last few yrs that there is a lot of critters under the sea that I have no clue about. I do know that also our scientist don't even know all there is to know. But..that is one wild looking fish! NO...never have I been deep sea fishing. Last time I actually went fishing my grand was about 7 maybe....he will soon be 19! Took him fishing in my brothers lake. I baited the hook and removed the fish but keep in mind this was during OCD germ phase and I keep wipes with me to clean my hands after each thing. Drove me nuts that I could not get the fish smell out of my hands! Decided if I went again I would wear gloves!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell can be obnoxious. ~nods~ We got to go halibut fishing off the coast of Alaska. That was a wild day. Sorry you've suffered so many issues like OCD and beyond. ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Doesn't it? He proclaimed it quite tasty from the frying pan. Go figure...

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!