Friday, September 20, 2019

The Lap of Luxury – a Tale of Two Kitties

Our nineteen-year-old cat Tilly continues to defy the odds, acting healthy and happy despite breathing issues. We expect her little heart is a ticking bomb with the mysterious mass shown on an X-ray. Obviously, we are glad she received another (rather) successful thoracic tap since her ongoing quality of life seems so good.

Here she is collapsed in blissful sleep upon my husband’s heating pad (more like a cozy blanket). He is so loving that he relinquished that low-set warmth to her overnight instead of sleeping on it himself as usual.
That squarish pale center was shaved for fluid removal, the poor thing.
Of course the camera woke her by the third click. She didn’t get up until later, though, when wanting ‘daddy’ on the couch providing his lap. In fact, as I type she has been bothering him to get off the computer despite the fact the hour is a mere half past noon. And she just ate some kibble before returning to his office.
Now you can better see which end is which...
Meanwhile, Jezebel gets her point across, too. That old gal pranced into the living room this morning. I followed, presuming her doing the hungry dance so I’d fill the dry food bowl. Instead she wanted to show off her claw sharpening skills on the kitty ‘condo’ before jumping atop that furniture so we could look out the window together.

The other day she supplanted my laptop, very deliberate in tapping the keyboard for removal. Gotta love cats that know how to get whatever luxuries they want.

Do you sleep with an electric warming blanket or heating pad?

-

20 comments:

  1. Kitties are the very best. I've had many in my lifetime and they have all been precious. I'm glad yours are doing well. Tilly remains in my prayers.

    I don't use a heating pad. It doesn't get that cold here.

    Have fabulous day and weekend, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good point! I'm almost always overheated, myself. ~grin~ Hugs to you, dear.

      Delete
  2. We sure are glad she is fighting hard, purrs sweet Tilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly is a daddy's girl!
    My kitties don't want to look out the window with me; they get offended and walk away...LOL!
    I used to have a warming mattress pad, but a power surge/outage fried it, and I've made do without it for years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is. Our girls tend to change habits without warning. ~grin~ Stay warm, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear Tilly is doing well. I don't often get cold enough to merit needing an electric blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I'm with you. If anything, my internal temperature runs hot.

      Delete
  5. I am glad they are doing well and being spoiled. We put out 2 heating pads and an electric throw in the colder months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I want to get a pet specific heating pad. Heh...

      Delete
  6. OH I am so glad little one is doing good. Wishing her the best but apparently sister decided it was time for her to have attention! Critters are so funny. I love my interaction with my babes at home but also out and about here and there. I love my barn babes and well as my niece and nephew furbabes. Glad to see you blogging again. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tale of two very loved kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have an electric blanket, now just down comforter and quilt, and a cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Tilly is doing well. That's a long life, well overage isn't it? No heating pad or electric blanket. I get too hot at night for that. Probably will have hot flashes my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I feel your plight on the hot flashes. Ugh... Be well, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!