Sunday, September 15, 2019

Tilly on Tap – a Bittersweet Update

Her breathing once more labored, our loveable silly cat returned to the veterinary clinic yesterday. Before our appointment I lay across the mattress by her and Tilly gave up the heating pad to crawl onto my arms. She didn’t seem to mind the tears dripped onto her fur as a result.

When the appointment time neared my considerate husband offered to drive. But I preferred my usual role behind the wheel; that sort of focus helps keep my emotions under better control. Meanwhile, not expecting to bring her home, we agreed to hear out the doctor’s opinion and try another thoracic tap if the attempt seemed worthwhile.

Well, as you’ve no doubt guessed, she survived the procedure. Despite successful removal of a lot more fluid, however, today each inhalation appears a strain. There is no way to guess if she will last a day or a week. We do not want her to suffocate to death and hope her arrhythmic little heart will give out in her sleep as opposed to euthanasia.

It is rewarding to see her go into a deep dreaming state, muscles twitching nose to toes. Sometimes she appears to be playing pinball. Watching her reminds me of this short video clip of an adorable kitten.


Don’t you wish you could sleep that well?

-

12 comments:

  1. I hurt for you two. I hurt for your other kitty. I just hurt hearing this. Having lost a dog that only lived with me for 6 months recently my hurt is raw. Love on her all you can, she apparently wants to be with you, in your arms, near her just touching. My heat goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I take comfort in the fact she had a great life. And she is acting very comfortable on a little warming blanket. In fact, I am spending the morning in my usual writing space because Jezebel acted like a circus monkey for attention last night! Now she's all casual about my presence, but I know she appreciates it. Heh... Thank you so much for the kind words. I am sorry for your many trials and tribulations. ~hugs~ Be well.

      Delete
  2. I hate this time in their lives. I was crying a lot too. We just love them and that's all we can do. You're making sure she's as comfortable as you can make her. Bless you.

    Loved the video. I think they're on a hunt with all this twitching. Caught that mouse too.

    Have a blessed day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, my goodness, Tilly. Love the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry that sweet Tilly is still having such a difficult time. We've been there and it's very difficult. Hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry this is happening. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ~hugs~ You've been through this more times than I care to contemplate! Bless you, my dear.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry. It's tough to see them in such pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to report she has rallied today and doesn't act in pain at all - not even from the start (!), for which we are very grateful. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!