Friday, August 9, 2019

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

This year has been strange, for sure. I (mostly) recovered from loss of my cherished fish, though dealing with the burgeoning snail population without clown loaches to control them with diet is another matter.

Ugh…

And I refuse to purchase more such long-lived, expensive, and delicate freshwater creatures at this stage in my life. To date, on the bad front my best friend’s father had a minor stroke a few months ago. I'm happy to report he’s recovering with the wife whose healthcare he’s managed for decades.

But ‘Dad’ is on a growing list of concerns, as is his spouse. Thank heaven, ‘Mom and Dad R’ have lots of nearby family to aid the care of both. But my same longtime pal’s father-in-law, who is very elderly, requires quintuple heart surgery. We keep praying. What else can you do? Sometimes, I feel it’s more like one step forward and two steps back

I will share a more mixed update soon. Blessed be, all.

How fare thee?

~

13 comments:

  1. How fare I ~ you read my blog! Haha.. I fare better then I have been. Water PT seems to be helping. I know it works my butt....and the rest of my too. As for step forward and however many backwards, like I said, you read my blog. This year can't finish soon enough for me. Although, knock on wood, things seem to be changing. I HOPE! Sorry about our fish. We love our pets. I had a fighting fish in a bowl once, Mr Squiggles, had him two yrs. He would come to the top of the bowl to be petted. When I told my daughter I was getting him, while living along, she asked me how he would protect me (she thought I needed a dog), I just told her I would put his bowl in front of the door, if anyone broke in and pushed it over I would know!!! Thanks for pizza idea. I don't eat them often but once in a while I want one and the other day I wanted something different. I made two individual ones and took one to James and Jule to split cause I had just cleaned out the fridge and I know that I have good intents on going back and doing left overs but I never do.....I had some great science experiments in there, and I don't mean starts, they were full blown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, best wishes! I'm glad the PT is proving beneficial. ~hugs~ Let's hope things start looking up soon, worldwide.

      Delete
    2. Oh I am afraid worldwide might be asking too much.

      Delete
  2. When we get older all kinds of new issues seem to be the norm. It's the way of things. This circle of life is difficult to traverse at times, but we just don't have a choice.

    Hubby and I are in our twilight years and are fortunate enough to be pretty healthy. For now. We'll take that.

    I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. big gug to you! Thank you for the kind words and prayers.

      Delete
  3. Yes, praying is all you can do, but it is important. I hope things improve. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you catch a break and enjoy life now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. In addition, I need to remember just how blessed my life truly is. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Well, growing old isn't for wimps... I hope they recover as well as they can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all go through our ups and downs. I hope and pray they get well soon. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kindness means a lot. Best wishes to you, as well.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!