Saturday, August 17, 2019

Change in Plans – Precious Time with Tilly – & – My Latest Little Adventure

Yesterday we decided to stay home from the Bucyrus Bratwurst Festival. A great family friend met up with my middle brother, his wife, their eldest granddaughter, and their youngest adult offspring along with her husband. Sorry we missed the old hometown family fun but enjoyed time with Tilly (and the more elusive Jezebel) in our air conditioned environment.

The guys sent some fun pictures, at least. And my husband suggested we take a trip farther north to see family/friends sometime this autumn, which we rather doubt our old kitty will survive. While looking good on the outside Tilly has some sort of mass on or near her heart, which has an irregular beat, so she might go at anytime.

We’ll keep her as long as she wants to stick around and remains comfortable. Thank heaven she’s such a sweet girl because I’m administering seven medicinal doses daily (!) including the ear drops, felimazole, and now rutin morning and night, plus her diuretic around mid afternoon. She continues acting spry and has an excellent appetite.

As for me, I turned fifty years old last February, meaning a particular health screening is advised. Everyone tells me the preparation will be worse than the scope, which I don’t doubt. It’s been a bit tricky figuring out what’s best to eat this weekend before my clear liquid diet starts on Monday.

Joy.

But I’ve got it handled. And I am so blessed to have access to excellent healthcare. In addition, our health insurance will cover everything as long as the procedure doesn’t go beyond diagnostic. With fingers crossed I expect a positive outcome.

Oddly, the administrator gave me a precise dollar figure down to the penny if something irregular does need treated/removed.

Has anyone, medical practitioner or not, ever given you more than a cost estimate, let alone stuck to it?

-

14 comments:

  1. Extra lovies to Tilly. They are precious when they are seniors.

    Oh that procedure. I've had it many times, but I'm almost 70. The prep is the hardest part. I'm sure they gave you a list of what little you can eat. I'm glad that you're going though. It's so important.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, my dear. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind word! I'm sorry you've suffered the procedure repeatedly. Ugh. Hugs back to you!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that Tilly is so sick. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. But she is doing well, and she's geriatric. :) She is on my husband's lap as I type.

      Delete
  3. Its hard to watch a loved one decline. Old age is terminal, unfortunately. I have Bonita in the bathroom now and its not looking so good for her either. She will be going to the vet, perhaps even tonight, as I love the night sift ER doctor. he's great at differential diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless you. I'm sorry for your recurring losses. You rock in rescuing cats and dealing with humans who mistreat them. ~hugs~ I wish you all the best.

      Delete
  4. Nope....My insurnace is pretty good and basically I know what is covered and what is not. I read your post with a heavy heart. Our furbabes are so very special to us and help to make our lives fun and full of unconditional love. Like Tilly, Dakota has a great appetite, plays and acts fine while all along the cancer grows in him. It hurts watching our babes being sick and knowing what is coming. I hurt for you and for Tilly. As for the other END....the prep is the worst. It will be all over soon enough but like I said, the prep. Eat light the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm almost your age. Autumn is a better time to travel, anyway. Cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully there will be no unexpected procedure and no other costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, but it's not expected to be cancerous. Be well!

      Delete
  7. Hope the procedure goes well. I do think the prep is horrid, but I almost always have polyps removed and sadly once polyps are removed the biopsy report isn't covered. Which has never made sense to me. The whole reason you do the test is determine if there's something, and so if there is...you must remove it and get a biopsy of it.......so why that's not covered is maddening to me and doesn't make sense. I thinkI got an estimate once, but it's vague due to how many polyps may be removed. Hope you do well. Glad things are still ok for you and kitty, but too bad you missed the Brat Festival. Been years since we've gone. We hit it once late in the day on our way back from Lake Erie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been to Bucyrus? Too cool! Would be neat to meet there some summer. And I agree about the polyp removal and biopsy not being covered. They told me it would run just over $700! Oh, well. Take care!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!