Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Keeping on Target

A fellow local writer once commented that I always seem to stay directly on track during November’s National Novel Writing Month. I tend to do the same in April and July during Camp NaNo since undertaking them.

And that is despite going for broke and setting the more flexible ‘camp’ bar high as November’s fifty thousand words. Below, you can see for yourself my progress.

Each Day I Follow What My Heart Wants to Write
In part I can think early retirement, as I don’t have to spend eight plus hours at a daily desk job. Besides my two aging cats, two tropical fish tanks, and (usually) self entertaining spouse, there are few demands upon me of any sort.

But I am happy to admit that I have met the challenge every time since first joining NaNoWriMo, even while still employed outside the home. Even better, I can say that true fun and joy of writing are my motivations.

On that note, I need to put down the laptop and gather SO for a trip to the grocery store. At least the sun is shining bright for the first time in days, so it will feel good to step outside.

How is your weather today?

-

14 comments:

  1. I just got home from having my nails and toes done and a trip to the grocery store. Have fun.

    The weather is most springlike today. Sun is shining and it's warm. I wearing flip flops. It doesn't get any better than that.

    Isn't retirement wonderful? I think so too.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Thank you for the kind word. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  2. My weather app says it's currently 72 degrees. That sounds about right. It's nicer than the hot weather we had a little over a week ago. It can stay right here for a while (although we're due to get our annual gloomy weather pretty soon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have guessed that you ever saw gloomy weather. Enjoy this while it lasts!

      Delete
  3. That is an impressive chart. We had rain today :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We saw rain for days and days. It's a joy to see sunshine again this morning. Be well!

      Delete
  4. My weather is ultra gorgeous! 86 today, which is quite warm, but in two days it is forecast to plummet back down into the 50s.
    Great job keeping up the pace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish our temperatures would stay in the sixties. ~grin~ I just cannot tolerate heat any more. Be well!

      Delete
  5. We started with rain but ended with clearing skies, so not bad. Looking forward to warmer temps, though. I'm getting tired of layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It was nice to go the gym without a jacket yesterday. Wish it would stay in the sixties, though. Be well!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! And our weather went from 80 plus degrees to 50 plus degrees, in one day, such is spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish it would stay no higher than 72 degrees F. But there's no point deluding myself. I'll be sweating over the lawn mower soon enough. ~sigh~ Be well!

      Delete
  7. You are so focused! I had high hopes for some serious writing in April, but getting ready to publish my first book has taken way more time that I thought it would have and work on the sequel has been put on the back burner to a large extent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course, I'm also afraid to share my love child of a series with the world. ~shakes head~ Hope all is going well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!