Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for Up Arrow - My New Keyboard Trick

People who know me understand that technology is not my strong suit. Sometimes a pig finds an acorn, as they say. Or, as in my case, the pig is lucky to find a savvier fellow. The power of the keyboard’s up arrow is an example of the latter.

I recently griped to my partner about a feature on the Mazilla Firefox web browser. Every time you add to the favorites list, that item is added to the bottom. Come on. It’s something new so of course I want ready access. But no…

You have to find the name in your list and manually drag it to the top. Scrolling down seems so tedious in this fast paced world, which prompted my complaint. Fortunately, I need suffer that no longer.

My partner looked at me and said, “That’s why I hit the up arrow to go directly to the bottom of the favorites list.”

Good grief. What have you learned today?

-

15 comments:

  1. Ummm... I just learned that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to be of help. ~grin~ Thanks for stopping by, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Ummm... I just learned that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a PC feature? I remember having a similar short cut when I was on a PC and doing word processing. You could hit a key to take you to the head of line or the end of a line. Very convenient.
    http://writegame.blogspot.com
    AtoZ Challenge Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. I should have mentioned that. ~blush~ It certainly is convenient. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Glad you found the up arrow. I love hot keys and hate when I must learn the various permutations on a new operating system (OS) and especially hate when I must move back and forth between (OS). The programming/design team never have the same intuition as I have. Of course, I'm thankful to be comfortable with computers and that I've got a "you're a machine and will do as I say" attitude.

    Yesterday, I learned that my heart is not as open as I thought. A good thing to learn at a very opportune moment.

    (also @ http://glamofgod.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that attitude! Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your blog, by the way.

      Delete
  5. Ha! Arrows are useful.

    My Mac will switch between open apps just like a PC, but not open windows of the same app (say, two Word docs). Found out command and back-apostrophe (`) will do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wonder if I would be happier with a Mac. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate your gentle guidance when it comes to technology.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I hope it's helpful. And don't feel bad for not knowing. It's tough keeping up on technology.

      Delete
  7. This is what I learned today, and I thank you for that. I feel your pain about being not as technologically savvy as some. I have just learned how to copy and paste. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to have been of help! Copy and paste is amazing. Best wishes!

      Delete
  8. These hints are so helpful, but so hard to find! And we love your background sunset photo!
    Nutmeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I've helped some folks. Thank you for the nice comment. I'm really enjoying your blog, Nugmet. ~grin~ Happy blogging!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!