Tuesday, May 23, 2023

My New Fountain & Updates on Dandelion

Dandelion goes to the veterinary clinic tomorrow at 9:30am. I’m to take a stool sample which I hope to find in the litter box because she did her business on the carpet. She is still stinky, so I hope and pray Dani just needs a bath. The groomer has yet to return my call. ~sigh~ Last night I cut out a bunch of the mats, at least, and used a cleansing cloth on her fur again today.

The faint gray patches on her pretty head
match the tip of her floofy tail. :D

Like our other two girls, she loves (!) her catnip flavored treats. But I’m concerned about the fact she doesn’t seem to be drinking. Maybe she needs moving water. If her checkup goes well, I’ll probably buy a new one. The old plastic ones were tough to clean. Terra and Polly drink well out of simple glass bowls.

Terra, by the way, hissed and spit when I brought Dani inside, and hissed again at the ball of fur I let her sniff. I’ll deal with introductions as soon as Dandelion gets a clean bill of health. ~fingers crossed~ Thanks to Eastside Cats (bless you all), I know having segregated cats thrive on separate floors of my home is doable.

Meanwhile, Dani supervised while I played with decorating my new in-ground fountain. I cannot believe how solar panels have improved while coming down in price.


Have you ever used solar power? Are you familiar with the silly website I Can Has Cheezburger? If you’re familiar with their slang, isn’t it funny that I have a ceiling (white) cat downstairs and basement (black-furred) kitties above?

-

19 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie. I hope she drinks water and gets a clean bill of health. I know you're going to take great care of her. Bless you for that.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well with Dani. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all send purrs and prayers that all is okay with your sweet Dani. We always start intros slowly and sometimes it takes a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani is beautiful. I am so glad you are helping her. I hope she passes her FELV/FIV tests. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing as a pet lover. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does she have bad teeth? Is that one of those solar powered fountain pumps? I've seen advertisements on the web about those and wondered if they work. Is she dehydrated, Dandelion? You probably know how to easily tell. Just lift the skin along her spine back of neck area, see if it instantly rebounds. It should. I bet a good worming will do her wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her teeth are terrible, as it happens. I've scheduled a cleaning with likely extractions for June 15th. :( Thank you for the tell on dehydration as I did not recall this technique you've no doubt mentioned before. ~rolls eyes~ I took a stool sample but don't recall any findings. I'll have to check with them. Meanwhile, my solar powered pump works great. :D Purchases from past years ended up being useless. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  7. Paws crossed your Dani gets a clean bill of health. Yeah, there could be lots going on, but there's hope. Darla, my dear, you have the patience of a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How is Dani doing? Vet appt come out ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have posted before now. :D Thanks for asking, my dear.

      Delete
  9. Darla, thank you so much for always putting encouraging words on my blog. I feel like there are some days that I am in need of a great cheerleader in my circle. There are the really nice days that I can push through cause of the pain not hitting the rector scale (lol) but then there are those other days that I just can't do. I am finding though that some days, I might be able to push through the pain but I think I have finally made it to the point that it takes more of an effort to fight on those rough days. Down time comes more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry that I'd missed this post!
    The vet will have info on why cats sometimes not use the litter box, but I'm thinking Dani is just unused to sharing one. Did she pee in it, but poop outside?
    Our Celestial Chucky did that; will launch into that story if it continues to be a problem for Dani.
    More litter boxes could be the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, and thanks for the tips. You're awesome. :D

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!