Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Appreciation Day

I cannot express enough how much comments on my last blog post meant. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, support, and suggestions. My hope is to get back to visiting my blogging family and sharing silly things here. By the way, I’m enjoying a gorgeous day outside (with cell phone in case my husband needs me) surrounded by beauty as I type.

He is doing much better even though recovering has been harder. He developed a urinary tract infection a month after surgery and spent almost a week in hospital. By the way, they kept him one night (or two?) after last month’s surgery and the same with triple bypass open heart surgery in 2011 (!), which still amazes me.

Did you know that dehydration is a major factor in developing a UTI? And such an infection can affect (especially older folks’) cognitive ability?

-

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, so happy to hear this, that he and you are surviving and better. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that last post. I don't blog Thursday through Sunday. I need to pay closer attention.

    I didn't know that about hydration and UTIs.

    Big healing hugs for those in need. Big hug to you, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he's on the mend. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize your hubby had been through such an invasive surgery in 2011. I know about dehydration, but not about the cognitive ability. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure glad to hear that some all better is showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole thing about draining the bladder is key to this, as we found out with The Hubby. He permanently damaged his bladder, from all those years of NOT emptying it. Sorry if this is TMI, and he wouldn't be happy with my telling the world, but tough nooggies!
    His prostate has been the 3rd party in our relationship for a long time, so I'm very pleased to have kicked it out, but he's got more healing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me giggle just a little. Don't tell him. lol Best wishes and healing hugs to you and yours, my dear.

      Delete
  7. Oh Darla, isn't this blogging community one of the bestest things ever? My dad says everyone is so sweet and kind and supportive in here. Our best to your hubby and you in hopes that he recovers fully soon and you get some much needed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like hubs has been having a rough time. I know it sucks to go in for surgery, knowing there will be that time for recovery but you hope it is an easy one then you get smacked by something like a UTI. When my daughter was pregnant with her last kid, she kept having contractions, come to find out it was cause she was dehydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah; he has more bad days than good. I'm sorry your daughter experienced this. You must have been so worried. ~hugs~ Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!