Friday, April 1, 2022

Responses & A Big ‘Huh?’

I appreciate the kind words regarding my handling a centipede. I’m not certain that will ever reoccur. Heh… Meanwhile, Andrew kindly expressed concern for my garden. I am pleased to report that these carnivorous creatures eat many harmful insect species (including those that can transfer dangerous bacteria). And I often use the trick Liz A. described, covering spiders with a glass and sliding a stiff envelope between it and the floor or wall. It’s much easier than what dear Strayer endures trapping to help feral cats. Believe it or not, though, I actually let this little bug free inside.

On a very different and befuddling topic, my husband’s primary care physician is taking much deserved retirement this summer. It had been over thirty years (!), starting just after my husband’s honorable discharge from the United States Air Force and continuing when Dr. T. moved to a teaching clinic. When our health insurance provider forced me to switch yet again in 2019, one of Dr. T.’s residents actually took on my care.

He has since joined a practice much closer to our home. Having him take on my husband’s care seemed ideal, and both physicians agreed. Dr. T. went so far as to say this was a good choice.

However, things didn’t turn out as planned.

This health network, we were told, no longer accepts new patients insured by Molina Healthcare. Huh? I’m very glad my established patient status exempts me from exclusion yet upset for my husband’s sake. Both clinics are under the Kettering Health Network umbrella. So what’s the difference between which one he chooses?

Have you heard of a patient denied care for having the wrong insurance? Should I worry this is a warning sign Molina Healthcare was a bad choice?

Regarding Jezebel, I want to thank sweet Cleo and our lovely Eastside Cat friends for their research. To ease your concerns, I am happy to report her vet check-up last month was great, her head pressing activity is both gentle and rare, and she actually gained lost weight running around. Terra and Polly keep her on her toes. ~grin~ 

Back to silly stuff, those squeamish about bugs will want to skip this final note about centipedes.

***

***

***

***

Back in her feline youth, dear old Jezebel would sometimes catch centipedes in her mouth, tossing them in the air and actually disarticulating the unfortunates. It was quite a sight, and also disgusting as removed legs kept twitching. ~shudder~ So far, Terra and Polly stick to chasing ladybugs.

“I did what, you say?”
“You remember, Jezzy… Right?”

“Bleh! You have me mistaken for another cat.”

-

26 comments:

  1. Yes, I've had to leave doctors because of my health insurance. Am sorry to read your husband has to find another doc now.
    Centipedes make my skin crawl, and they seem like the cat litter boxes in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ~hugs~ I was just surprised that a doctor's retirement doesn't exempt him from this. ~shakes head~ Oh, well.

      And I, too, find centipedes in the litter boxes sometimes. That is extra nasty, isn't it? Be well!

      Delete
  2. jezebel; best ta chew centee peedz all in one bite....chew it in two.... N one half can..."walk a way "

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ;) oh brother ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Sutter Health and it's fabulous. No issues at all. We pay for it, but it's worth it. I'm sorry you're having issues. Stressful to say the least.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Darla. Scritches to the kitties and a hug to you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have heard of such a thing. It's fortunate for me that when my Dr. group chose the insurance I happened to have; they will accept no one else with another insurance company. I am certain it has to do with money. Not the quality of any given entity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money is always the root cause. ~sigh~ Best wishes!

      Delete
  5. Insurance can be very confusing. I didn't know your hubby was in the Air Force. Please tell him thank you for his service.XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't even get me started on the evils of insurance. If only those companies could be forced to be not for profit, people might actually get the care they need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not disagree more, but approve the sentiment. :)

      Delete
  7. She remembers alright. I can see the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The health care doctor shuffle continues. I think we need to get rid of the middle man in health care---insurance companies. I think it may be a record that I've had the same doctor almost two years. That will probably jinx it and I'll get the dreaded letter that my doctor has quit and good luck finding another. Thanks for the mention, however really, I don't do bugs well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes, my dear. And you deal with important issues far worse than insects. Thank you for all you do!

      Delete
  9. I spend 25+ years in health care and that insurance thing happens all the time, it's about the money, not the patient, sadly. My doctor of 22 years retired so now I'm hunting a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi and welcome back to blogging.....lol....I really do dislike dealing with insurances and they change on a reg. basis it seems. I still have my state of TN insurance. I as able to keep it when I retired cause I had the age and the years service. Thank your hubs for his service. I guess if you ever mentioned it, I missed it or prob, just not paying attention...lol....Bugs don't bother me, spiders outside don't bother me, BUT, I have had a terrible fear of spiders the better part of my life. I do not run and get a glass or a piece of paper when one runs across the floor, it gets smashed with whatever is close. I have been biten by a brown recluse before, in the cheek and not the cheek on my face. The cheek of my ass....I don't like spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right! I remember you suffering that bite. ~hugs~

      Delete
    2. that sort of bit on the cheek you sat on can be painful. Not to mention the surgeon having to dig into it.....OUCH.

      Delete
  11. haha...just saw this on pinterest....whoever said, "out of sight, out of mind", never had a spider disappear in the bedroom......just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, that insurance crap you humans have to endure sure doesn't sound like fun. I've overheard more than once mom venting (she handles all our insurance stuff here) about what a sh*tty system it is. I don't eat bugs here. If I come across one I may play with it briefly, but like everything else, I couldn't care less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You care when it counts, sweet Cleo, such as loving your humans.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!