Monday, July 12, 2021

Following a Theme... (WARNING: Fake but Graphic Gore Ahead)

During a recent meal out my drink came chilled by a very cool looking solid ice sphere. It made me wonder if someone made skull shaped ice trays.

And they do! My husband found several silicon models and purchased the one
rated highest on Amazon, which only cost a few dollars. My fun experimenting with ever creepier additives has been priceless.

~grin~

If you don
t want to risk getting grossed out you should skip the photo at bottom. Hint: adding a dollop of tart cherry jam proved to be my best idea yet.

Have you ever seen a novelty ice cube? If you were to buy such an ice tray, what shape would you choose?

...

...

...

...

...

...

Do you see a tiny second skull?
Here is a bonus fact for those horror fans who hung in there:

Adding cooked rice fragments grossed me out. Tinted green with a dot of wasabi, those
‘maggots’ looked way too real as the ice melted. And the feel of them... Ugh!

-

16 comments:

  1. I'll pass. It's brilliant for those that love this kind of thing.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those would be totally fun at a Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have silicon molds for just about anything nowadays. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I have a skull ice cube tray I bought to make skull shaped sugar cubes, but have yet to try. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gross....cool ice to fake someone out though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't do the tinted rice either but the jam addition is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I wonder how it would be to use real ones instead of cooked rice? Imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard or seen one like this! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of us have too much time on our hands. ~shakes head~ But it has been fun experimenting. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!