Friday, May 3, 2019

I’m Not Broken, Just Mildly Sprained

That ‘mildly sprained’ quip is a misquote from a film we adore, “Gross Pointe Blank”, when the heroine assesses her long lost love. It’s rather how I feel right now, but with good news to share.

Jezebel seems to be in fine health for her age.

What my overactive imagination conjured as some neurological defect is likely a pulled leg muscle (your kind wisdom is appreciated, Strayer!). The veterinarian didn’t even order an X-ray, which we approved in advance with the welcoming technician. That pleased me, since we could have been bilked and never been the wiser.

So we are about another $150(US) poorer, but she got overdue blood work. I hope we receive no bad news tomorrow about other problems, such as involving her kidneys or thyroid. On this late morning, she acts a bit discombobulated but is on a pain medication we hope will keep her a little sedated and less likely to overtax her injured limb. And her appetite was excellent. We’ll keep an eye on her to make sure she improves and doesn’t actually suffer a hairline bone fracture.

Now I am sitting on my back patio enjoying a perfect temperature and rain on our tin roof. As it’s outside our walkout basement, I closed the cellar door upstairs so she can’t follow me down. Thanks for all the well wishes!

What is your weather like today?

-

14 comments:

  1. You had a red letter day concerning your baby. I like that. We tend to worry more than ever when our babies get up in years. I so remember.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off and on cloudy and a bit of rain here and there. I am glad that your baby is doing well. Lily was just a little bitty thing when I had to take her to the vet for her back leg. I think she got over excited playing with her cat dancer cause she was jumping really high. I figured she pulled something but I was not taking a chance. 3 rounds of pain meds but she was doing so well that she only took two. She recovered just fine but as her new mom I had to be sure!!! Now I have way more pets then I need! haha...Deck time, I so love it but I just can't seem to find what I need to get out there and set things up. I actually bought a hammock to hang out there. Need to get that done, set up the furniture and my fan. Need to start doing my coffee out there in the mornings I don't go to work.......gotta move, UMP, nope, not working, not moving.......heave ho.....nope, not working. How about a nap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, bless your heart. ~hugs~ I hope today is treating you better than of late.

      Delete
  3. I do love Gross Pointe Blank. Great movie. They totally need a sequel (did I hear sequel talk recently?).

    We're sunny, but cool. It's warming a bit, but we had marine layer this morning. It's that time of year where it's gray a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there was talk of a sequel. It's hard to imagine where they would go with the plot. Stay warm!

      Delete
  4. I will be praying you get good news on the blood work.
    Our weather is the same as it has been for about 2 weeks- rainy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same from a friend in Northeast Ohio. Thank you for the kind words. We need all the prayers we can get, as the news was worse than expected. I know you can relate to a possible cancer diagnosis. :( Take care, my dear.

      Delete
  5. It is sunny here. It's 14°C now however it will be 26°C within today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that movie too. Hope Jezebel makes a full recovery. I'm limping myself currently. (knee again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool you like the flick. Thanks for the kind word. And I'm sorry about your knee. You can't seem to catch a break. ~hugs~ Take care, my dear.

      Delete
  7. So glad Jezebel is, hopefully, on the mend. Weather here in UK (writing this on Saturday) is lovely and sunny. It's a bit chilly but according to the weather forecast is going to get warmer during the day.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!