Monday, July 31, 2017

A Sad Bit of Irony


After I posted about the birthday of favored guitarist John 5 my big brother called with difficult news. Our mother, who endured a long battle with sickening health and declining cognitive faculties, did not survive her latest surgery repairing a PICC line insertion.

This is almost a relief, I’m blessed to say. I can’t remember when she felt well. She is survived by her husband and four kids, as well as more loving friends than I dare name.

I even heard from an old acquaintance I couldn’t resist contacting. My first love seemed deserving of the knowledge and sent email lavishing her with praise.

Thank you, Dad, for doing the best you could. And to all those who provided therapy, care, and support – bless you.

-

12 comments:

  1. Oh Darla, I am so sorry to hear about this. Sadly sometimes it is for the better, to see them no longer in pain. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darla, I am so sorry for your loss, and all who loved your mother. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry for your loss. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear that. Losing a parent is never easy but I had an especially hard time losing my mom. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry for your loss, my dear. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Its hard to lose a mom, even if not close. I wasn't close to my mom but it was very hard when I learned she was gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy a close relationship, and for your loss. ~hugs~ I was blessed to have a very good friendship beyond mother/daughter. After the last rough few years, however, I am more at peace than troubled.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!