Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Yet Another Lesson Learned



As lessons go, I’ve suffered more expensive ones. However, this morning has been more frustrating than my usual.

It all started with a good thing – the extensive amount of time I spend writing. As a result I wore out my laptop battery. Fortunately I found one reasonably priced and shipped ‘free’ from an online company.

(I use quotation marks because anything not charged separately is somehow built into the product price; mark my word)

The unit arrived yesterday. I promptly installed it and left my computer plugged in all night.

Today I turned the machine on only to get a message of incompatibility. I should have checked the battery model number, instead going with my laptop model number and trusting the website’s recommendation.

The website lied. Now I know to check the battery model. Lesson learned, payment begins.

My partner has been kind in offering to ship the battery back for a ‘refund’. I use quotes again because this company only offers store credit. Plus they charge a fifteen percent restocking fee, of course, on top of our cost in shipping.

I’m wondering if it’s even worth returning, especially when the receipt claims they shipped a different model number than is listed on the battery (neither matching my dying battery’s number, by the way). I can just imagine the company denying our claim.

It’s uncertain where I will purchase a replacement battery. I know this is environmentally unfriendly, but I really just want to take the thing to the big Knob Creek machine gun shoot.


What would you do?

PS Does anyone need a Lenovo Thinkpad battery model number 42T4751? I'll give it to you if you'll pay the shipping.

-

14 comments:

  1. If they sent the wrong battery, it wouldn't hurt to contact them. But I get what you mean about blowing it up. Ugh. Wouldn't it be nice if the battery they meant to send was the right one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind word. I think my time is more valuable than the cost of this battery. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  2. Yep, like you I am not sure it is worth shipping back esp if you (*h/ave to 7rrrrrrrrp7 pa777t) sorry, the kitten typed that, she thinks she can just walk across the keyboard at anytime!! Anyway, not sure it is worth it if you have to pay a restocking fee. Sorry for your bad luck. Thanks for the offer, I have an Acer laptopn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. Thank you for the giggle. My Jezebel has done that on more than a few occasions. I half expect her to buy something expensive on eBay or something.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry about this. The gremlins never take breaks, do they? Partner is good to you. Return the battery, but pick out something you need. Call first, and tell them of the error. They may make appropriate concession. Don't forget to review this company, too. Hang in there. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very blessed. I decided to go another route. I sent an unhappy email to the company telling them I wasn't returning the battery so they could dupe someone else, especially since I mistrust the mismatched receipt. We'll see what happens.

      Delete
  4. Sorry for all the aggravation. You could resell it on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not very good customer relations. I think it would be worth contacting them and also write a review to warn other customers maybe? I hope you get it sorted with minimum expense. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sell it on ebay. You won't get full retail but you may what you would've gotten from the company. Hope you get a battery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like life gets more and more frustrating trying to fix everything, order something, its the wrong thing, then trying to get rid or it or get it returned only it all costs money and time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deal with way more than I do, my dear. Bless you in your trials.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!