Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pimping My Boys


It’s been a while since I shared anything about Palaye Royale. This post’s title is how my husband phrases my proclivity for mentioning them to pretty much everyone, including complete strangers.

As I type this, my new PR shirt is out for delivery. It promotes the single “Dying in a Hot Tub” off their newest “Boom Boom Room (Side B)” album. The font, colors, and overall design are pretty.

I like that the back sports their name and cool logo. Strangers are not likely to read the front of a woman’s shirt. If I do, and like the design and/or statement, I make a point to express appreciation.


Meanwhile, the video is good, too. Folks speculate that the ending symbolizes fans saving the band from giving up on their dream.


Do you read what is printed on other peoples’ garments?

-

12 comments:

  1. Yes I do....sometimes depending on folds and boobs it might get hard, that that point I try to not stare! In my case boobs don't become an issue if someone is reading my shirts! haha...however printed shirts are not really something I wear often. I do have one I am going to have a friend make for me that says, "I have Fibromyalgia, today is a good day"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the idea for your shirt! ~hugs~ And thank you for the giggle. Hope today is a good day!

      Delete
  2. If the wording is clear enough. I'm not going to try to work it out if it takes too long, man or woman! I may have, in the past, if a well-known customer would be wearing a wordy shirt, have asked, "What's your shirt say?" Assuming I knew it wouldn't be vulgar!

    Now, about that song... I can find nothing to suggest it's about sticking with your dreams. Isn't it pretty much straight out about a death due to drugs? I looked up the lyrics, and that's what I got out of them. The person has lost a lot of weight, won't get out of bed, doesn't take care of their appearance. The mind is "wasted," "You're doing some more drugs."
    "Yeah, I'm here, and you're gone
    I'll see you on the other side." Sound dead, and hopefully not by suicide, even though the narrator says, "I'll grab you a noose
    'Cause you got nowhere to go..."

    I know you like those "boys," but that is one depressing song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole album is rather dark, to be honest. Somehow, I prefer that to bubble gum pop tunes. ~nods~ You should hear "Hospital Beds"! Be well, my dear. And thank you for the thoughtful comment.

      Delete
  3. It's got to be hard to be famous, in the public eye, up for scrutiny constantly. It was hard before social media and now its just that much harder. Glad they're still playing. Nice T shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on all counts. ~nods~ Be well, my dear! Wish I could send you some of our snow. Heh...

      Delete
  4. Oh, the teens have great shirts. I catch glimpses when I can. I hope you enjoy your new tee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cool! People shouldn't wear shirts with things written on if you weren't supposed to read them. Well, that's my excuse for being nosy.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!