Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Teased and Tickled


I still miss that lost kitten Dillon, who I planned on naming Styx because he went through starvation hell before stumbling through our yard last spring. A part of me hopes the universe will put two ginger boys like him in our home. Chance is, after all, how we ended up with our three past and present kitties.

Instead, I keep getting taunted. Yesterday, our page-a-day cat calendar teased me with the following image of two kittens…
Too Cute
Meanwhile, we’re not active in any search because we are a bit worried over how our geriatric girls will react. Both of us would be happy to adopt any needy feline who crosses our path. My husband would love a black cat, which he likes to call a ‘hole in space with eyes’. ~grin~ I wouldn’t complain. We shall see.

As for our elderly Jezebel, she surprised me this morning. I heard a sound like she’d settled onto something soft. I looked toward the dog bed bequeathed by my parents after they lost their pet.

Empty. So was the couch, fitted with a big fluffy blanket Jezzy often enjoys.

Where was she? I scanned the room and discovered her right near where my feet had been.

A vertical bed, Jezebel? Really?
I’d noticed the missing cushion from the chair to my left, but chalked off the disappearance to my possible senility and have no idea how it landed on the floor. In all probability, Jezebel pulled it down, though she doesn’t normally behave that way.

And I have good news on my eyeglass frames. The tightening loosened just enough so that my vision is now perfect through the super fancy, months old lenses. Yay!

As a final note, let me leave you with something I hope will tickle your funny bone. My dear friend and talented writer A. Catherine Noon shared an image on Facebook today.

I would have adored this art teacher!
Aren’t optical illusions amazing?

-

12 comments:

  1. I could have lots of kitties too, but hubby says no babies after the loss of our Little Bit. He gets way too attached. I just go with it.

    Love that optical illusion. I'd having trouble walking down that hall.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents said 'no more' after losing Rocky, whose bed I mentioned. That's not how things worked out. lol Dad still has Misty after Mom passed away.

      I'm having fun editing. So it's a very good day. Be well, and hugs back!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you can see again!
    I say "no more" since I'm 61, and don't want to deal with pets (mostly the clean-up duties, but costs too) into my late 70s if I start again! My dogs are 8 and 9, the cats 9 and 5. I have a "hole in space with eyes." It's hard to get good photos of a solid black cat! It all turns out like a, well, hole in space!
    He just showed up at the kitchen door as a kitten. Our other is the only one I've ever got on purpose! I had a lovely orange one, they are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I understand your opinion. My husband is close to your age, while I'm eight years younger with much older cats. Heh... Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say that shelters have a hard time adopting out black cats. Apparently they don't photograph well, so people who want to post pics all over social media don't opt for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that there are some professional photographers who work with shelters to help them get better pix. I like that. It warms my heart. Be well!

      Delete
  5. That is a cool hall, great idea. Jezebel is a cutie. I bet your kitties would accept a kitten or young cat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Jezzy has become a more stable photography subject in her later years. She used to never stay still long enough. Now I can usually get one or two good photos out of an attempt. lol I think you might be right about their acceptance.

      Delete
  6. I've got a Ginger and two blacks who need a home right now!!!! Cross country trip? Jack and his brother Otto would love to come live with you. Or Jack and Jenny, Jenny also black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man. I wish we could come swoop them up. Sad to say, we don't have the resources for such a trip. :(

      Delete
  7. Oh my....not a flooring you would want around if you were a big drinker. I have learned in my almost two yrs of being a cat owner, just when you think you know what they will or will not do....BAM, they surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. You got me there. I never thought of that. lol And yes, you are very correct my dear. Bless you and yours!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!