Friday, May 19, 2017

Flattered By a Fortune Cookie



I am not a superstitious person for the most part, though I like to think there is a greater power with a benevolent plan for me. And my fingers are crossed that there is an interesting afterlife awaiting us all.

That said, I get a kick out of reading fortune cookie messages. This one from a few days ago really took the cake, if you’ll excuse the pun.

Why, Thank You, Cookie!

Did you know that fortune cookies originated in Japan and the American version flopped in China?

-

10 comments:

  1. Well, that was meant for you. I believe. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting since you are a writer! Nice....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tickled me to find. Thanks for the kind word!

      Delete
  3. I thought they originated in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as far as coming to the United States' Chinese restaurants. They made major changes in the flavoring here by replacing miso with vanilla and sugar.

      Delete
  4. I did not know that, assumed they came from China or somewhere that direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watch a lot of quirky history shows that cover such odd facts. ~grin~ My current favorite is "Mysteries at the Museum".

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!