Wednesday, April 12, 2017

J is for Joseph


These three sisters from Portland, Oregon once again bring female representation to the challenge. I had the immense pleasure of hearing a live performance of “White Flag” early one Sunday morning and knew they had to be included in this. Their harmonizing blew me away. Also of note, Joseph isn’t the only folk act making an appearance (See Dawg Yawp under D). Am I mellowing as I age? Maybe a little, but I still listen to Marilyn Manson on a regular basis.




My fake band Jam Joy changed their name from Joy Jam as a self deprecating joke. The original salacious pun got switched when fifteen years at small venues failed to produce any studio interest. These aging artists insist they will continue to jam live for their loyal fans as long as they are able to stand upright and play. They sound a little like Cute Is What We Aim For.

WARNING: Not safe for work due to sexual content.




-
All the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

13 comments:

  1. Well, that is the way of many rockers! I am married to a lead guitarist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm sure it's a bittersweet experience. Writing about a lead guitarist, my stories set in the mid 1990's, I should ask for an interview of you both. ~grin~ Happy Blogging!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I really like White Flag! The video is awesome. I'm going in ssearch of more.

    Another day in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous, Keith! Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete
  3. Nice stuff! Enjoyed Joseph's song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Nick! I'm sure enjoying your writing. Be well!

      Delete
  4. Mellowing? Nah. Your tastes are expanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping for J. Geils band because he just passed away. Your choice is a good one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorry to hear about that. The reason I didn't honor him is because WNKU doesn't play that music (sad to say). I'll be sure to honor the band by adding one of their songs in my fake piece one day. Thanks for the idea and the kind word.

      Delete
  6. Another band that is new to me! Thanks for that!

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    #AtoZChallenge 1970's Billboard Hits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! How neat, considering how well you blog about the subject. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!