A month or so ago, my fellow authors on the Writer’s Retreat blog decided it would be a joyous thing to start sharing five blessings every Tuesday. They might be intimately personal issues or have more of a world view, and items may vary from the silly to the profound. It’s all about bringing some positive energy into the world. I hope you enjoy my inaugural entry:
- my home is filled with laughter.
- I enjoyed a wonderful week visiting the Atlantic Ocean.
- the spring weather appears amenable to planting annual flowers and vegetables (note the operative word ~grin~).
- it’s still early enough that I can visit the YMCA and achieve some other chores before lunch.
- for plastics which, despite various negative connotations, make my modern life so much more comfortable than I can imagine without the stuff.
Since my daily journal entries open with five blessings per Julia Cameron’s “The Artist’s Way” teachings, I hope to keep the lists varied. It’s a rare day that nothing comes to mind even if there are perennial repeats I cannot avoid.
At any rate, the title for this came to me shortly before rising for the day. Is “tidings” too antiquated a word? I’d appreciate suggestions, as well as reading what blessings you can name today.
When we have a group linky set up on the Retreat, I’ll share that here and you are welcome to add an entry from your own blog if you wish. Happy Tuesday!