Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thirteen Thirteen - Facts about Tigger

1. Winnie the Pooh’s friend is almost always upbeat and enthused

2. He first appears in “The House on Pooh Corner”

3. Tigger originally introduces himself with a big bounce on Pooh’s doorstep late at night

4. He lives with Kanga and Roo in the books but has a treehouse in the Disney rendition

5. Eeyore gets bounced into the river by Tigger

6. Rabbit disapproves of Tigger’s boisterous ways

7. Piglet is somewhat nervous of the bigger, bouncy Tigger

8. Pooh states that Tigger only seems large because of his bouncing, indicating their other friends in the Hundred Acre Wood think of him as bigger than he actually is

9. Capable of holding a pen, he nonetheless jumps on all four feet more often than not in Ernest H. Shepard’s illustrations

10. While he has his own theme song, “The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers”, he is not in the Winnie the Pooh theme song

11. The rather egotistical Tigger tends to get into projects over his head and cause more harm than good

12. He is never mentioned as being a tiger, only ever as a Tigger

13. The proper way to spell his name is T-I-double-guh-err

12 comments:

  1. Interesting facts about Tigger. Eeyore was always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigger always makes me think of my sister - he was her favorite character. I was more an Eeyore person, myself. We had similar outlooks on life, once upon a time. LOL!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tigger is one of my faves from Winnie the Pooh, but I especially <3 Roo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Tigger! He's my favorite Disney character!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I was always Tigger to my family. Oh, and another thing about Tigger. He never gets lost. (That's my favorite story-when Rabbit is going to "teach Tigger a lesson".)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can jut hear him saying "T-I-double guh-errrrr."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I love it - though I've always been more partial to Eeyore and Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always liked Tigger's energy, but now how he got into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Tigger. Okay, I love all the characters in Winnie the Pooh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous idea for a post. Thanks for the fun education!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *laughs* Love this list, too cute. #13 put the biggest grin on my face - almost forget about that spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess you haven't gotten your current TT back yet after blogger did its maintenance.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!