Thursday, June 10, 2010

13 Amazing Ice Cream Flavors

Not surprisingly, the Japanese have managed to turn a favorite treat into something either incredibly wondrous or utterly disgusting. I decided to share what I found on the amusing Who Sucks website. You can see for yourself, here: http://www.who-sucks.com/food/101-frightening-ice-cream-flavors-from-around-the-world.

This ain't your typical vanilla soft serve:

1. Miso – this one actually sounds good if you ask me; the bean paste should lend its flavor well to either sweet or savory foods

2. Genmai – brown rice is healthy but I have yet to appreciate the chewiness, I’ll stick with the white Japanese style (Kokuho Rose is good, and thanks to this site I want to try Koshihikari rice!)

3. Sesame, Soybean, and Dried Kelp – Call me crazy, but I’d give this a taste without hesitation

4. Silk – actually made with the fibers, it can’t possibly have a flavor; silk should forever remain strictly as a textile if you ask me

5. Stout – thumbs up; dark beer strikes me as a pretty clever and intriguing taste

6. Potato Liquor – not so much, if this distilled form has the null properties I associate with vodka

7. Red Wine – staying with the alcohol theme, it sounds downright nasty to me, like a combination I saw the other day of Merlot and chocolate blended in a drink

8. Natural Salt – being a fan of salty more than sweet, I’d nonetheless have to add something sugary if this is as briny and unembellished as it sounds

9. Cherry Blossom – said to be delightful, the idea sounds quite wonderful!

10. Cheese Risotto – the gag factor strikes me as really high on this one

11. Chili Pepper – I want some without a doubt; bring on the burn

12. Indian Curry – sounds like a winner in my humble opinion but I’m also not your typical consumer of chocolaty sweets

13. Before reading, know that this last is really horrific…







I’m serious, it’s not for the faint of heart…





Raw Horseflesh – said to literally have chunks of the meat, this completely sickened me – Flicka? No way. Raw? That’s just nauseating.

4 comments:

  1. #13 sounds down right dangerous. Gah!

    I'd probably give any of the rest of this list a try. At least I don't think I'm allergic to any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try a scoop of the miso! Then, perhaps #2 and #3. The silk might be good rubbed on my body because I'm having hot flashes again. Thanks for the warning on #13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, Alice. The silk does sound good for skin, Dilo. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww... I think the only one I might possible be persuaded to try is cherry blossom.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!