Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Envious, Curious, Freaky, & Ultimately Cozy

A few days ago I popped out for some fresh vegetables and fruit. When my path is clear I like glancing around at houses. Deck systems and porches overlooking water features spark my envy. Ah, well.

Cutie mandarins; one of my tasty purchases...

What makes me curious is how seldom I see outdoor spaces being used. The single solitary person standing outside last Sunday was taking a cigarette break. I embrace every opportunity even during inclement weather.

Changing things up, here is my review of the body swapping film “Freaky”. The premise is old, of course. 1976’s and 2003’s “Freaky Friday” plus the very different eighties flick “Dream a Little Dream” come immediately to mind.

This 2020 film’s unique antics involve a serial killer and teen-aged girl. I’ve been curious to watch and took the chance after my husband fell asleep. I chose well. Its rather unusual R rating provided horrific elements; the single note humor would have bored him.

My praise centers on Vince Vaughn portraying a ditzy high school student. He was brilliant. The young actress did a fine job; her would-be killer offered little material. If you’re a huge comedy horror fan (geek) like me I recommend this and that you watch until the end.

Meanwhile, my Sunday drive through dreary conditions and windy drizzle made me oddly happy. I watched folks bustle about knowing my sole obligation was getting home unscathed. My cozy abode awaited.

Do you have access to a sheltered outdoor area? Is that something you do or would appreciate?

-

17 comments:

  1. I do remember hearing about that movie, but not until you described it. It's amazing how many movies come out that just slip our minds after they've had their initial runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a nice patio, but I rarely go out there when it's very hot or very cold.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sheltered...the deck...and of course, outdoors walking etc is always in the open. Yes indeed I would take advantage of it if I had a covered porch. There are many many times I have just gone out into strong cold winds to feel on my face for the instant better feeling it gives me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our sheltered outdoor area is our balcony, except today with a rare south easterly wind blowing along with driving rain, it is not sheltered today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of the great outdoors. I like being inside. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be one of our rare differences. lol Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  6. We don't have a sheltered space outdoors here. If we did the feral kitties would occupy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have a sheltered outdoor area for winter use. Do you have one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say how much I LOVE tangerines.

      Delete
    2. Tangerines are yummy. :D We don't have an enclosed area, unfortunately, but I've dragged out a fan in hot weather and have a little portable fire pit. I'd love to build a cat run but lack the skill. :(

      Delete
  8. I'm taking a big risk here talking about this when dad's nearby, but we don't have much for outdoor space here in our new home. I've heard him whine more than once that he misses the big basement garage workshop we had down in Asheville. There is a patio out back, but in this somewhat tight neighborhood with other humans too close for comfort it's not likely to see much use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm sorry for your dad, Smudge. Maybe potted plants grown on trellises could provide a screen.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!