Sunday, November 5, 2023

A Walk in the Park

I decided to walk at a local park Friday. Of course I didn’t follow the paved path but took a steep wooded offshoot leading to neighborhood housing overlooking not only woods but also a bubbling creek.

I would spend every possible minute on one the many
decks and patios each of these homes has...
Two things reminded me that it’s been a long time since I’ve visited North Park. For one, a major playground construction is well under way.
I decided not to post my boring photo of the construction;
this complex and weird agility course is completed...

More telling, though, was the fact I had to stop twice on the way back up these stairs and catch my breath. Plus I favored my creaky right knee so my left thigh muscles remain sore and weak. Oops. At least I have both legs. Phoenix is supposed to be home today and still suffers phantom pains, feeling his amputated leg despite attempted therapies, including using mirrors. I can only hope time brings him some relief.
This path did not pose a problem last time..
I just wish I’d taken my dragon kite. My body was too tired to drive back with it despite the ideal wind conditions.

I have never attended an event at this pavilion;
the hill under my feet would give any kite excellent lift...

When was the last time, if ever, you flew a kite? Do you think I’m silly for stashing it in my car for such future opportunities?

-

12 comments:

  1. That is a nice house. Very strange agility course. I flew a kite over the summer with my little great nieces. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only used our kite once I think, during a family picnic and it was great fun. We did carry it in our car boot for a number of years, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragon kite? You've got to fly that thing as soon as you can.

    It sounds like you need to build up some endurance. That'll come with time. I've got to get back out walking, too. I haven't in way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been lots of years since I flew a kite, it was at the beach though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck no! I wish we were neighbors and friends so I could go along WITH you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a kite, and I love to fly it. Its so fun. Again, too bad we don't live closer!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!