Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Puzzling & Reprogramming

I recently got addicted to on-line puzzles thanks to talented creators like our friends at Eastside Cats and 15 and Meowing. Yesterday I even submitted a few like the one below. The only problem is that manipulating the mouse with my right thumb tensed nonstop resulted in minor pain.
preview120pieceOne of Nature's Cutest Killers
So I’ve loosened my hold which, of course, seems to have triggered discomfort around my shoulder blade. * ~sigh~ I’ll find the right balance between technique and limiting my time on Jigsawplanet. Meanwhile, I’ve started using my left thumb to hit the space bar. Reprogramming how I type takes effort.

Isn’t it annoying when favoring one body part causes issues elsewhere? Can you believe that my hobbling around on a mildly sprained ankle resulted in injuring the other?

* Update and duh moment: The back/neck discomfort is not from changing my grip. ~shakes head~ It is due to the fact I am using the mouse for unprecedent periods.

-

14 comments:

  1. I hear you. I have a left hip that kills me most of the time.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. If one part gets thrown out due to injury, the other parts have to compensate. This can lead to other pains. It sucks. (I saw a new kind of mouse someplace. More ergonomic. Instead of laying your hand flat on it, it's turned. Let me see if I can find a link...https://www.cnn.com/cnn-underscored/reviews/best-ergonomic-mouse)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess frequent breaks would help. A couple of months ago I was limping caused by me putting my feet towards the back and under the desk chair with my toes bent forward. The limp caused one of my hips to ache when I walked. It can be all about posture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posture is a huge component to feeling well. I hope you're feeling good.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the puzzle club. I will be sure to do yours. Sorry you are having pain. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should get a kitty to catch a mouse for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My young relatives laugh at me for using a mouse on my laptop instead of the keypad! Hope your aches and pains are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And may I suggest you get a detached, portable Bluetooth keyboard? Then the mouse is justified. ~nods~ And I really like mine.

      Delete
  7. I'm going to have to check out the puzzle site. I don't have any letters or numbers left on my keyboard to use the keypad on the right, since I never trained my hands/brain connection to that part of the board before the numbers vanished over the years. Let them laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!