Friday, November 24, 2023

Shared Musical Tastes

Of late I’ve dedicated myself to more frequent YMCA visits, whether I swim or resistance train. Taking care of myself feels good. Because of our Thanksgiving holiday here in the United States it’s been busy this week.

Seeing kids lifting weights with parents has been pretty cute. In the natatorium children can be a loud nuisance.

But my new favorite lifeguard doesn’t let families curtail him streaming rather loud music, which makes my half hour of laps easier. So does people watching. Anyway, last week I recognized Rammstein and on Wednesday before Thanksgiving I heard Motionless in White.

Both days I said as much before heading to the locker room. And again, to this middle aged lady he replied, “Good taste. Good taste.” This time I presented my hand and we slapped an old fashioned high five.

My earlier attempt hailing him from the water failed. And since he strides around the pool, often focused on his footing, it got me thinking.

Should such a distraction be allowed? Do you enjoy people watching?

-

6 comments:

  1. People watching used to be fun. Now there's just too many rude and obnoxious ones out n' about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you're experiencing this trend. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are having fun at the Y. I do enjoy people watching. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. People watching can be great depending on where you're doing the people watching.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!