Thursday, November 23, 2023

Beauty in a Big Box Store & a Free Friendly Find

On Monday we shopped Sam’s Club, a chain store requiring a paid subscription. While prices continue rising we search the deals and returned home with, among other useful items, a huge bag of kitty litter and the smoked turkey my husband heard tastes delicious.

As for me, I have to stop and smell the flowers every time bouquets are nearby. Carnations are my favorite fragrance. This variety amazed me. Instead of spending lots of money, especially on such an ephemeral purchase, I took photos.

Succulents in bouquets...
Nice hues...

These might be passion flower buds;
I like them a lot...


What a pretty double hue...

My photo doesn't do these mystery flowers justice...

We visited a local farmers market throughout the summer. This autumn I discovered some broken off mum stems and the farmer let me take them.
Polly Paw Photo Bomb
Do you enjoy and successfully grow houseplants? Are you a fan of cut flower bouquets?

10 comments:

  1. Bouquets sound like a carefully arranged bunch of different flowers, and I am not a fan of those. I do like a bunch of fresh flowers of one variety. Glad you took photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. I also would not spend money on them. :) I do have 3 different colors of Christmas cactus in bloom ( I guess they are Thanksgiving ones). Happy Thanksgiving! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are all so very pretty. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and wish they would all grow in my garden. lol

      Delete
  5. I managed to kill a cactus, so no, not good with houseplants. But I like to pet the yarn when I go to the craft store.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!