Friday, November 10, 2023

Runner-Up

Today I found a letter from Hill-Air, from whom I received a $300 grocery store gift card following our spring furnace service. After the scheduled fall maintenance I again left glowing reviews and my anticipation grew. Alas, as my title states, I didn’t win the big prize.

However, I didn’t think there was more than one prize offered, so I won’t complain. After all, ten dollars is real money. The same grocery chain (Kroger) offers a 10% discount to military veterans tomorrow and my husband served in the Air Force.

Can you guess where we’re going tomorrow morning? Do you search weekly ad deals and clip coupons?

-

14 comments:

  1. Weekly supermarket specials, as we call them, are sought out by us but coupons have never been a big thing there. We have the two large supermarket apps on our phone which we scan each time we buy something and receive some benefits, along with another for a major liquor outlet.

    I bought a shirt that was on special in Macy's New York City. As well as being marked down the sales woman applied a coupon credit, which I didn't have, and then what she said was a staff discount. The shirt was almost free. Quite puzzling really, but I wasn't going to argue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to receive random kindness from a stranger. :)

      Delete
  2. A gift card for groceries is a good thing, especially now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to your husband for his service. Did you see the links Penny had on Tuesday letting know where to get free meals and discounts this weekend? XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. ~hugs~ And thanks for the reminder; I saw Penny's tips and then forgot. lol Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I check the weekly ads for sales on ice cream. They seem to do it once a month, and I'll stock up then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ten bucks is ten bucks any which way you look at it. It's not $300 but....sorry you didn't win the big one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every penny counts, especially nowadays, dad says. After reading this post he says he and mom really miss having a Kroger nearby. They always looked forward to the discount stuff (especially produce) they offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The key is looking for sales and discounted items, for sure. Be well, sweet Smudge, and take care of your precious humans.

      Delete
  7. Yay for you.. I without even trying saved $6 at shoprite today and it had me smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!