Thursday, November 30, 2023

Creep

Reading the kind comments on my November 29th post, I feel like a creep for whining over minor discomforts. My little pains have subsided with tiny adjustments, such as using my keyboard’s touch pad to solve online puzzles. I deemed it too slow versus the mouse, a silly thing considering it’s not a competition.

Meanwhile, the YMCA lifeguard might consider me a creepy old lady now. For the first time, he stopped his incessant walk halfway across the natatorium when I emerged from my latest swim, before our paths coincided. We had experienced yet another shared musical interest that day and I suppose he did not want another high five.

Thank you fellow bloggers at Laws of Gravity and Snowbrush for pointing out how my post initially seemed like the lifeguard stopped to talk with me. I can be such a goofball.

I had recognized the group called VoicePlay from his playlist. They’re amazing. My husband stumbled upon some videos just days ago. And to keep with my theme, here is one awesome Radiohead cover.


Is it creepy to wax enthusiastic with a stranger? Or was the physical contact with a palm slap a step too far?

Meanwhile, thanks to Liz and Snowbrush for pointing out my original post made it sound like the lifeguard stopped to talk with me.

-

8 comments:

  1. I'm confused. The lifeguard stopped walking around to talk to you about music? That doesn't sound bad. That sounds like he genuinely wanted to discuss music as you both have similar tastes. And minor pains can become major ones if you don't do something about them. Where else can you complain than your blog? That's what it's for, after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thoughts as Liz in that I'm puzzled as to why you feel that you might have behaved inappropriately ("creepy") by talking about mutually enjoyable music with a stranger. Could it be that you're a shy person who finds safety in not talking more than is necessary to strangers, and now that you're pushing against your boundaries somewhat, you would like it if your blog readers told you that doing so is okay. In my opinion--as a former morbidly shy person--what you did was beyond okay, it was marvelous for you to share your musical interests with a stranger because you both enjoyed it, and it surely gave him respite from the tedium of pacing endlessly around a pool.

      Delete
  2. I"My little pains have subsided with tiny adjustments"

    I'm having to do the same. I had a shoulder replacement last week, so for the next six weeks, I 'll have to type with my desktop's keyboard on a pillow in my lap. I'll also be a leftie for the next six weeks because my right arm will be bound to my body, and I'll be unable to lift anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, did I mess up this post. Thanks for the kind words.

    And Snowbrush, I'm sorry about your ordeal. Wow! Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you went too far. You were just excited to have something in common. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knows what cause people to do strange things. All sounded normal to me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. But at my age he could be my grandson. lol

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!