Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Another Walk in the Park

My smart phone has become a true boon. Following an errand I sought a new park to explore and the map application led me to Bull’s Run Nature Park and Arboretum.

One of my first views along the path...
However mysterious its name, this sanctuary displays how Middletown shelters Ohio’s enduring beauty amid much drab, industrial, middling poverty. The space looked glorious on a sunny autumn day.

It amazes me that some bamboo species thrive here...

A deer sighting would have been nice. Birds and squirrels scavenging amid fallen leaves made up for the lack of larger mammals.

I cannot recall what tree grows these pods,
each one long as my hand...

The unseen geese and/or ducks delighted me. I don’t know if they are wild or contained. Please excuse my breathless wheezing.
Neighboring houses my prior post featured have me wishing to return and walk around taking more photos.  Not many Middletownians (?) are so fortunate. I hope nobody there would mind.

I find some beauty in natural decay
(Just not my own... LOL)

Would someone photographing your home disturb you? Are you familiar with the Japanese esthetic of wabi-sabi?

11 comments:

  1. It's fun to explore new areas. Considering how often I see people taking pictures, I doubt anyone noted your photographic endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful walk.

    I don't care if someone takes photos of our home.

    I find beauty in things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were having fun exploring, that's a good thing. Realtors are always taking photos of our house wanting us to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy myself. And we get a lot of offers on our home, as well.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo. I think wabi sabi is when they add gold to imperfections on items??? XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent guess! And you inspired another post, my dear. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. It is nice to find new places to visit and explore. I wouldn't be concerned about people taking photos of my house unless they were close and using a very long lens. Wabi-sabi is a new word to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to walk with the sounds of birds busy and talking all around. That's a lovely park!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!