Wednesday, November 22, 2023

A Blast from the Past and Hopeful Future

When my cat Luna was alive, she spent Saturday mornings on my lap while I watched “Mystery Science Theater 3000”. The talented comedians riff on movies, making terrible films fun.

Now the group hopes to film season fourteen (!) and movie rights are expensive. Hence, they are raising funds through their Mega Turkey Day Marathon Telethon which you can learn about here.

I’d write more but want to get this posted in case you dear readers or anyone you know might be interested. Tomorrow at nine o’clock am (United States Eastern Standard Time) I plan to watch “Bride of the Monster” which should be awesome.

Did you know that musical parody is exempt from copyright law? Shouldn’t old movies be treated the same?

-

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know that. I think old movies should be treated the same.

    Have a fabulous day and Thanksgiving. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of remember that program, but not totally LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know it was exempt from copyright law. It is exciting when a show comes back that was off for a long time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things eventually lose their copyright. I think it's 100 years. So, there are movies now in the public domain. Alas, nothing recent...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!