Saturday, November 25, 2023

Kitty Nicknames

The sweet kitty lover over at the Eastside Cats blog shared this post regarding nicknames. I commented about hearing somewhere that the more nicknames a pet has collected the more love the animal receives.

I don’t know if that’s true but like the theory. The idea popped into my mind to share all our kitties’ aliases, whether gone but not forgotten or living here today.

Then I realized the list would soon become a tedious read and I don’t want to bore anyone. Heh… So, I’ll share the latest our Dandelion earned.

I have resisted all temptation to neaten my novice, ragged job...
She obviously does not care that her fur looks lopsided...

Friday morning my husband told how she woke him at 2am just like clockwork. It made me think of the creepy, dark and dystopian film “A Clockwork Orange” released in 1971.

Without hesitation, I called Dani “Clockwork Pink” and my guy cracked up. Her pink skin really is showing through since dear Strayer recommended a pet grooming tool.

Do you or have you in past had any nickname(s)? Isn’t it rather sweet that some coworkers back in the nineties called me Flower Child?

-

10 comments:

  1. I can see why you were the flower child. No surprise to me.

    Our Angel Little Bit had many nicknames. We're already doing the same thing with our kitty, Lil' Bit. It's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous weekend. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet. ~hugs~ Blessings, my dear and scritches back, as well. :D

      Delete
  2. Or CP for short? I tend to call all critters "fuzzy butt".

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all kind of nicknames here and that would be quite the long list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute nickname for Dandelion. One of my friends from childhood still calls me Ellie- after Ellie Mae on The Beverly Hillbillies because she always has a lot of critters like me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a cute nickname! My cats have lots of nicknames, some not so nice. Jack has become Jackaroo and sometimes Jackarooroo. Doogie has become Little Man, Flyboy and Lovemuffin. The list is long. I am a terrible groomer so Snowdandi looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polly has been called Vomit Bag a few times lately because she dominates the food bowl sometimes then turns around and well, you know. lol I have to monitor and still she slips by me sometimes. Heh... Thanks for the kinds words. And Snowdandi is a nice name, too. :D

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!