Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for Jem

This music is not something you would expect me to enjoy because anyone following along knows I’m less fond of female vocalists. In truth I picked up the album by way of an auction when I really wanted other items in the lot. Yet Jemma Griffiths is not only a gifted singer but writes some really macabre lyrics. Just finding a female lyricist makes my day. And her voice sounds heavenly.


Today's fake band is called Just Cherry. The name was inspired by a line in the movie “Planet Terror” that came out nearly ten years ago (!), in which actress Rose McGowan played a comically dour character. In the end, she apparently saves the human race. I think this band would play something like the awesome Mark Ronson tune voiced by Bruno Mars, “Uptown Funk”.

-

12 comments:

  1. I love a female voice that is rich and full of color. Sounds like Jemma Griffiths has that type of voice. I especially appreciate a musician who writes their own lyrics. That fantastic.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind word, Pat. I agree about female lyricists. It seems interestingly rare. Shalom.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're very kind. Coming up with these has been fun. Be well!

      Delete
  3. Listening to Jem's It's Amazing right now, on youtube. Nice voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so rewarding to share new music. Thank you for taking time to check out my humble suggestions. I hope you're having a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I've never gravitated towards female singers, either. Not sure why. Great fake band name.

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity
    and
    Unicorn Bell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Liz. It is always interesting to me what makes our tastes so individual. Be well!

      Delete
  5. I love a woman writer, in any media, any form. Yes. I just do.
    Annie from ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you for stopping by. I'm really enjoying your contribution to the challenge. Have a love day!

      Delete
  6. Love her voice. Thanks for reintroducing me to another cool band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so kind of you to say so. Glad I'm getting out the word a little. I hope you are feeling well today. Take care!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!