Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for The xx

I didn’t even recognize this name, my sole representation of the letter X. I listened to The xx song “VCR” and realized they are featured on one of my most meditative albums, “Save it for a Rainy Day”. I listened to it while a neighbor’s tree removal ruined my familiar peace and quiet. Tension truly did slip away.


Today’s mock group name is not so imaginative, titled X-Ray Fantasy. I’ve decided they would play heavily digitized tunes with cynically suggestive lyrics like the Norwegian band Combichrist. Wikipedia describes their music as aggrotech, in fact, a fitting description.

* Notice: I anticipate restricted Internet access for several days at least as the challenge comes toward a close. So please excuse me if I do not reply to your comment anytime soon. My online activity is currently restricted to reading and commenting on others’ posts. Thank you for expressing interest in my frivolous entries!
-

12 comments:

  1. Nothing like a band, which chases your tension away. :) I think I'd like X-Ray Fantasy. I have a soft spot for digitalized tunes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I really appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I too have music that I listen to on rainy days. It is amazing how creative I become when I am listening to it also.

    Never heard of The XX but there is so much about this genre of music that I have learned reading your posts during the Challenge. Thanks.

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music can be such an amazing, creative motivator. I recently found a neat station that fuels me with all kinds of stuff I do not have in my collection. I wonder if you could access them online. It's WNKU, a non profit station out of Northern Kentucky University. How neat it would be to listen together! ~grin~ Be well. I've really been enjoying your amazing writings. Thank you for the kind word, Pat.

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of xx. I have heard of XTC and X, which both fit the topic. Amazing to find X bands, really.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate your kind visits and friendly words. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Like Liz, I am familiar with X and XTC but not the bands you chose.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat, Kathleen! I'm making a note of these two. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  5. I like xx, although I didn't know about them til I read this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! You are most welcome, my dear. I hope you are well. You rock. Seriously.

      Delete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I will have to check out this xx meditative albums. Thanks!

    I hope you get your Internet cleared up. That would drive me crazy. I just went through a mess with AT&T. We now have a new provider. So far, so good.

    ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, I'm so glad you are happy with a new provider. That's excellent. It could be worse for me because I must say that I am not addicted to the Internet, at least. ~grin~ Timing could have been better, but it is what it is. Interestingly, I've been hearing a lot of aging rockers say that very phrase: "It is what it is." How cool is that? Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion. Hearing from readers adds immensely to my joy of writing!