Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for The xx

I didn’t even recognize this name, my sole representation of the letter X. I listened to The xx song “VCR” and realized they are featured on one of my most meditative albums, “Save it for a Rainy Day”. I listened to it while a neighbor’s tree removal ruined my familiar peace and quiet. Tension truly did slip away.


Today’s mock group name is not so imaginative, titled X-Ray Fantasy. I’ve decided they would play heavily digitized tunes with cynically suggestive lyrics like the Norwegian band Combichrist. Wikipedia describes their music as aggrotech, in fact, a fitting description.

* Notice: I anticipate restricted Internet access for several days at least as the challenge comes toward a close. So please excuse me if I do not reply to your comment anytime soon. My online activity is currently restricted to reading and commenting on others’ posts. Thank you for expressing interest in my frivolous entries!
-

12 comments:

  1. Nothing like a band, which chases your tension away. :) I think I'd like X-Ray Fantasy. I have a soft spot for digitalized tunes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I really appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I too have music that I listen to on rainy days. It is amazing how creative I become when I am listening to it also.

    Never heard of The XX but there is so much about this genre of music that I have learned reading your posts during the Challenge. Thanks.

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music can be such an amazing, creative motivator. I recently found a neat station that fuels me with all kinds of stuff I do not have in my collection. I wonder if you could access them online. It's WNKU, a non profit station out of Northern Kentucky University. How neat it would be to listen together! ~grin~ Be well. I've really been enjoying your amazing writings. Thank you for the kind word, Pat.

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of xx. I have heard of XTC and X, which both fit the topic. Amazing to find X bands, really.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate your kind visits and friendly words. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Like Liz, I am familiar with X and XTC but not the bands you chose.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat, Kathleen! I'm making a note of these two. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  5. I like xx, although I didn't know about them til I read this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! You are most welcome, my dear. I hope you are well. You rock. Seriously.

      Delete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I will have to check out this xx meditative albums. Thanks!

    I hope you get your Internet cleared up. That would drive me crazy. I just went through a mess with AT&T. We now have a new provider. So far, so good.

    ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, I'm so glad you are happy with a new provider. That's excellent. It could be worse for me because I must say that I am not addicted to the Internet, at least. ~grin~ Timing could have been better, but it is what it is. Interestingly, I've been hearing a lot of aging rockers say that very phrase: "It is what it is." How cool is that? Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!