Friday, April 8, 2016

G is for Gorillaz

I adore this group’s first album “Demon Days” from 2005, which still gets me into a funky groove regardless of what I’m doing. The fact that members are portrayed as cool cartoon characters only ups the anty for me. The late, great Dennis Hopper actually laid a fantastical voice track for “Fire Coming Out of the Monkey’s Head”. And who else in the world titles a tune after Clint Eastwood? It’s another alternative radio station favorite.


Grave Robbers is my fantasy band for the letter G (separate from the real band without the pluralization). I can’t help but think of the incredibly talented singer/songwriter/actor/what-have-you Terrance Zdunich who corroborated with other artists to brought us “Repo: The Genetic Opera” and “Devil’s Carnival”, both terrific musical productions. He played a character named Graverobber in "Repo". His wide ranging croon is to die for and I imagine this fantasy group would do his operatic style true justice.

-

14 comments:

  1. I just went to youtube to check out Gorillaz. I like them. Watched their Melancholy Hill video and song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! I adore the fact you're checking out the music. I hope you are having a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Well, one thing I am doing is learning about another genre of music that I have been overlooking, and I'm enjoying it. Thank you.
    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a fabulous thing to read today. Thank you for the kind word.

      Delete
  3. Off I go to YouTube again! I'm having great fun with your theme Darla

    Visit Keith's Ramblings and his obsolete words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind. I'm really enjoying your use of obsolete words.

      Delete
  4. Gorillaz—very cool! I hadn't heard of them before. And thanks for stopping by Unicorn Bell earlier today! :)

    -Kristin (UB co-host)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind word, my dear. And Unicorn Bell is an excellent name as well as being an informative blog. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Clint Eastwood, awesome song. Had to go listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled you enjoy it. Clint Eastwood is a pretty amazing tune. Thank you for reaching out. Mainewords is another good blog I'm enjoying.

      Delete
  6. This is music I can choreograph. Gorillaz is awesome.

    http://lovedasif.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, choreography is an amazing talent. You constantly amaze me. Blessings to you, my dear. Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!