Friday, April 29, 2016

Y is for Yellow Fried Chickenz

This side project, headed by J-pop superstar Gackt, started as a solo endeavor before turning into a vaunted touring group. I basically had to buy the album “Yellow Fried Chickenz I” because I adore Gackt. The guys traveled not only Japan but sold out venues across Europe. Too bad they didn’t tour the United States. I thank Rokkyuu Magazine for the image at bottom.


As for a mock band name, how about Yesterday’s News? It makes me think of Huey Lewis and the News but I learned that the name is a song title by an alternative country band, so maybe they are a Whiskeytown tribute group.

* Notice: I anticipate restricted Internet access for several days at least as the challenge comes toward a close. So please excuse me if I do not reply to your comment anytime soon. My online activity is currently restricted to reading and commenting on others’ blogs. Thank you for expressing interest in my frivolous entries! Now, please enjoy the eye candy below.

Gackt Stands Far Right (the long-haired blond fellow third from right is Gackt's incomparable guitarist with the stage name Chachamaru)
-

16 comments:

  1. I am laughing at the moment at the name, Yellow Fried Chicken. Of course, I've never heard of them but it going to be wonderful looking them up on YouTube.

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy. I'm certainly awed by your story for the challenge. Blessings to you and yours, my dear.

      Delete
  2. That is a hilarious name! Well, good luck to them.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the chuckle, Kathleen. I adore your dry humor here. ~grin~ Be well, my dear! And happy writing (which you do so well, by the way).

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, having a couple of bands I've heard of lately, I'm having to make a return journey to YouTube!

    My A-Z story features 5 neglected Y words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun to challenge you, my friend. Don't fear if you don't become a fan. You write such great vignettes that Gackt and company should be fans of you!

      Delete
  4. Ah, Gackt! I have friends who went to Japan for Christmas, just to catch his concert. :) I love how he and Adam Lambert were sometimes on the same wavelength with regard to their guitarist. :) Ahem. :) Your new band has interesting possibilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy your friends! Too cool. Thank you for the fun comment and kind word. Blessings to you and yours, my dear.

      Delete
  5. You really have a creative imagination. You nailed your A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind. My imagination is sometimes scary. ~grin~ Your poetry, on the other hand, is simply amazing. Thank you for sharing your words in commentary and on your blog. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  6. I think I'd check them out just for that name. With a Z no less!

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, the Z. Good point. Thank you for stopping by with a kind word, Liz. You rock.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think so, my dear. ~grin~ I hope you are well this evening. Bless you in all you do.

      Delete
  8. Wow! What an interesting new-to-me music group. And again, I love your made-up band name! That's awesome.

    Enjoy your vacation and time at the beach; I hope you come back refreshed and recharged! And congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. I'm thankful to have an online connection today. Congratulations to you, too! You have an amazing array of efforts going, which never ceases to amaze me. You rock. Seriously.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!