Monday, April 25, 2016

U is for The Urge


I own a lot of movie soundtracks. Many times they evoke the visual impact of the flicks and The Urge title “It’s My Time to Fly” is a perfect example. That “Titan AE” soundtrack got me through a lot of groggy, discontented mornings at my previous day job. A Wikipedia search on The Urge pulled up an article listing people from Missouri. Criminal. Perhaps it's time I search for more tunes.


Anyway, the current craze over the undead returning to life inspired today’s mock band Union of Zombies. I like to imagine them playing toe tapping tunes with dark messages much like my beloved The Bravery, whom I discovered by luck when they opened for Incubus one summer.

* Notice: I anticipate restricted Internet access for several days at least as the challenge comes toward a close. So please excuse me if I do not reply to your comment anytime soon. My online activity is currently restricted to reading and commenting on others’ blogs. Thank you for expressing interest in my frivolous entries!
-

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having internet troubles. In April. Yeah, that's not inconvenient or anything... ;)

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! But I managed to make a connection longer than expected. ~grin~ Thank you for the kind word. I hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of them yet. Again, I'll go to the internet to check them out. I hope your problems have been solved.
    All the best.

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat! I've enjoyed more online time today but don't know about tomorrow. We shall see if good fortune continues. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  3. Union of Zombies is a great title. Sorry to hear about your internet problems. That is so frustrating.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen! This has been fun. I'm not too terribly frustrated, having more time today to interact with great folks like yourself. Happy blogging!

      Delete
  4. Union of Zombies is an awesome band name. I want to hear their music. (NOW.)

    Sorry your internet is being mysterious. Hope it returns to providing you adequate service soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Drusilla! I wish I could supply. ~grin~ And I'm not having too hard a time to connect today and enjoying good weather as a bonus. A true blessing. I hope you are well this day.

      Delete
  5. I looked the song up, on youtube of course, that's not bad. I like it in fact. But never saw Titan AE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind word! I highly recommend the movie if you like science fiction and animation. It's a really fun watch. Best wishes to you and all your efforts, my dear.

      Delete
  6. I must admit, I have learned some things here. I understand about intermittent Internet. We went through that recently. We changed carriers. It seems resolved, now! Yea! All the best to you. I am following you now! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind! I hope you aren't disappointed when my sporadic, mundane posts resume. Best wishes!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!