Thursday, March 30, 2023

Strong Bonds and Good Memories

I like Strayer’s comment, that Jezebel and I are linked rather like an old married couple. Bathwater made a similar observation. Funny enough, dear departed kitty Luna was my soul mate. My husband, far from jealous, agrees one hundred percent. Among other adorable things, she would stand on me and stare into my face while I watched TV. He said she was worshipping me.

Vets and Techs always remarked on
her Angora rabbit soft fur...

Our Saturday mornings were awesome. I’d slip an undergarment on beneath my pajama top (protecting tender areas from wayward claws – lol) and we would snuggle on the couch together for a comedic skit show called “Mystery Science Theater Three Thousand”. My mother got to witness this.

In fact, Mom also noted how Luna, Tilly (rest her sweet soul), and Jezebel acted like my trio of satellites. This brings me back to “MST3K” because the setting where our human and robot protagonists were subject to bad movies was called The Satellite of Love. Those improv artists remain a group, riffing on bad movies in front of a live audience.


Do you appreciate improvisational comedy? Did you ever watch “Whose Line is it Anyway?” in either its British or American incarnation?

-

21 comments:

  1. I used to watch Whose Line is it Anyway? all the time. But I haven't in years. I can never sit still long enough for MST3K, though. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you could work your amazing crafts while listening. :D

      Delete
  2. Darla, this was a lovely post. Like your husband, I'm the opposite of jealous of the attention that our little cat Sage shows for my wife. He couldn't be more thrilled when she gets up in the morning, yet he ignores me when I get up (usually an hour earlier). I'm just glad that Peggy gets to experience the devotion of her little heart-throb who, I must admit, is far cuter and more charming than I. I so love cats that I can't imagine what my life would be like without them, my only complaint being that I only have five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a recollection of the English version of Whose Line is it Anyway. You devoted cats don't sound very cat like to me. Shouldn't they be aloof and uninterested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soulmates like that are a true blessing. Hey, I really liked the Whose Line crew, they were always so darn funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Whose Line is it Anyway. I find the reruns sometimes still. Probably would more often if I'd pay attention when I do find it on of the when and where. Luna is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way cats look at me!
    I have watched Whose Line Is It Anyway. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that was so sweet. We felines are awesome, aren't we? I've only been here a couple weeks and I'm still getting to know these two people I rescued. They've been struggling to be patient with me, so last night I awarded them with hopping up onto dad's lap of my own volition for the very first time and settling in for a first-ever lap snooze. Dad says he and mom used to watch both versions of that show and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you for discovering lap snoozing. :D My husband misses Tilly's daily lap sessions and we're still hoping someone steps up to the role.

      Delete
  8. My mom watched it too!!! Never heard of others in the CB who have watched it! YEA!!! Mom Here: You know, Katie is my soul mate too. She loves me like no other precious kitty yet. And I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luna was beautiful. Very sweet memories of watching tv with her. I have never been into Improv. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did watch that show and I did laugh. I am not one basically to sit and just watch someone telling one joke after another, not unless its at a club. I do dislike the comics I have seen on TV as I am scrolling through the channels that think cussing all the way through their jokes is funny. Those same joikes can be said and laughed at just as well without those words. You know, I love my girls the same but different. However, Misty is my familiar. She knows me best, Lily, seems to not care one way or theother! lol. ...Misty is my shadow and seems to know when I need her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we bee on free wi fi two day !!!

    sew stoppin bye with paste N coppee

    with easturr greetinz and NOE BURD

    happee fun day hippee hoppee :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!