Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Aging Health Issues

I’ve (half) joked that Jezebel is my Voodoo doll. When my left shoulder hurt a few years ago I found her limping on her front left leg. As of today we both have kidney issues. ~sigh~ I had to cancel my MRI kidney scan last week due to an upper respiratory infection and, lo and behold, poor Jezzy developed a urinary tract infection (!) that requires twice daily antibiotics.

“Make no mistake, she is my Voodoo doll.”

My active imagination foresaw not bringing her home from Friday’s vet visit. ~shakes head~ My husband assured me as much, though he couldn’t accompany me due to his own medical appointment. Jezebel is officially on a kidney care diet now.

Playing ‘magical plates’ all morning is exhausting, especially since my lungs and sinuses are still phlegm filled. Jezebel’s health is worth the effort of denying her unhealthy foods. Her prescription stuff is safe for the other two kitties, a good thing since Polly seems to want whatever the old gal gets. Thank heaven, Terra is not as food centric.


Why are there no treats produced for pets with CKD? Any fellow cat caretakers have any suggestions?

-

16 comments:

  1. There are healthy treats and it's been so long I forgot what they were. Do ask the vet and I'm betting they know the healthy treats.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the kitties. Hug to you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are you catching things from Jezebel, or is she catching things from you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all are doing much better super soon. Brian is a CKD kitty too. Freeze Dried treats are good, break them into small manageable bites though. https://www.chewy.com/brands/purebites-7329

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone's kidneys get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not surprised that your pet is so in sync with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor babe, not you, Jezebel. HAHA....but sorry you are also not feeling well. Seems like she is your familiar, understands you and feels what you feel. Hoping you and your sweet babe are feeling so much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two have cojoined souls, like an old married couple. Many of them finish each other sentences and die within hours of one another. Maybe you can find a kidney diet treat recipe online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that. As for a recipe, I couldn't find one but ordered an item that is on the way today.

      Delete
  8. We feel bad for you with these health issues. My dad says his dear old Cleo, rest her soul, had to eat special stuff, too. So far my paws are crossed that I don't have to. Yet. Hope you both feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!