Friday, March 3, 2023

Mellow Yellow – & – A Question: Why?

A few houses across the street from us is apparently owned by the folks who run Statik Autobody here in Franklin, Ohio. It took me a while to decipher the fancy script spelling out the name. lol The business is downtown but they occasionally have vehicles at the house. This latest caught my eye. Some might consider it gawdy but the color reminds me of sunrise over the Atlantic ocean. As if I don’t miss The Outer Banks everyday as it is. ~sigh~ Anyway, I grabbed a photograph while out walking.

I really like this golden glow...

Sorry about the window glare but
this angle shows it better.
I also stopped to capture an image of my crocuses. Sad to say, they’re too short to really show past my retaining bricks but I enjoy them. 
I should have tried a more
interesting angle...

Then I was visiting Ellen’s blog at 15andmeowing and found myself reading about her 2015 visit to New York City. Since the city’s decline, I couldn’t help thinking of a quote. In ‘The Stand’ teleplay, Nadine said to Larry, “The Big Apple is baked.” How sadly prophetic. ~sigh~ But again, I’d rather go to Nags Head, North Carolina.

All that said, I stumbled across a listing on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) that “The Stand” was remade in 2020 as another mini-series. It left me shaking my head. I’m sorry, but actor Gary Sinise is Stu Redman. And I adored Alexander Skarsgård in the television series “True Blood”. Yet I cannot imagine anyone else but Jamey Sheridan as Randall Flagg. I could go on and on.

Needless to say, I’ll pass on watching this newer release. Seeing 2019’s “Pet Semetary” left a tiny psychic scar. Spoiler alert: they changed which of the Creed children perished and it did NOT work for me.

Are you a film buff? Does Hollywood need the reboot instead of movies and TV programs? -

13 comments:

  1. Didn't they do the yellow car thing in the '70s? Or just appliances?

    I saw the new The Stand on one of my streaming services, but I never have gotten around to watching it. I don't think I'm in the right frame of mind. It hits too close to home right now, I think. At least, we were closer to peak Covid when it was out, and it just didn't feel right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I hadn't thought of that for some reason.

      Delete
  2. The car's paintwork looks to be iridescent. It's not a colour I would choose and the car's styling is odd, a further reason to not buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Film buff....nope! I watch movies, but I can't soak them all in any more. My son can watch a movie once and know it word for word the next time. He is amazing like that. Me, I do good to remember that I watched a movie! lol...Wow, on all the yellow on your walk. I personally would not have that color car. To flashy for me. lol. And WOW on you blogging two days in a row. You are rocking it now. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color does look like sun at the beach. I agree with you on The Stand, I really liked the one with Gary Sinise and won't watch any remake. I'd like to watch that one again but I haven't seen it around lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We own The Stand on DVD and I have the soundtrack. lol

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't want a car that color, but it looks good with that vehicle. Thanks for reading about my trip to NYC in 2015. Sadly, that was the last time I went. I did always feel safe there though. I watched Salem's Lot as a child and was terrified, so I avoid anything by Steven King now. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right. I remember now your experience. That one seemed tame to me. lol Thanks to one brother I was exposed to Hammer Films at a young age and loved every minute.

      Delete
  6. Ohhh, don't even mention the original Pet Cemetery. Can't go there. Not Kujo either. I was traumatized as a kid by Disney movies. Many were so sad! Old Yeller. Big Red. Bambi. To name just a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Stephen King to Disney. lol Sorry you were put off but you're right about them being sad.

      Delete
  7. And by the way, when will you go visit the Outer Banks again? I know you love it there. After you posted about going once, I did a google maps tour of parts of it and fell in love too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. :( Getting older has accrued lots of bills. Yesterday's little adventure (I'll post on that soon) didn't help matters but the deed needed done. I wish we could go there together!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!