Monday, March 6, 2023

Eagles and Daffoldils

Reading Strayer’s latest adventures in cat rescue/neuter/release endeavors, I was happy to see her photographs of American bald eagles. I understand they do live in Ohio but seeing vast numbers in Alaska are the only sightings I can confirm. What a joyful memory.

Photo Credit: Chrissy Lou
on Pexels.com...

After approving of and paying for yesterday’s landscape work, I stopped to smell some flowers. Yellow joyfully shouts ‘Spring!’ to me and was the color of my mother’s most fondly remembered sundress.
Did you know that Benjamin Franklin was not a fan of this choice for the United States’ national bird? Do you enjoy live nature camera feeds?

-

10 comments:

  1. Both are most beautiful.

    I would love to have a sundress in that beautiful yellow.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey as the national bird. Because this sort of thing interests me, I was gratified to learn that the turkey was named after the country (as they went through there to get to Europe? I'm a little fuzzy on those details).

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! If Ben Franklin could see what we've become he'd probably say see, I told you so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did know about Ben Franklin. I think his idea of the turkey was a better choice. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you went to Alaska, or forgot, my brain has glitches, needs rebooted I think. I was fortunate once, years ago, also trapping a Shedd colony, to witness a fierce aerial battle between a bald eagle male and a golden eagle male. The valley where I live is a magnet for the biggest of eagles, the bald and the golden. I meant to get bulbs somewhere last fall. I love those daffodils. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain needs a reset, too. lol As for bulbs, you might get lucky like me and find them steeply discounted in December. It's late to plant but almost everything has flourished. Sad to say, not the resurrection lilies, the most expensive of the bunch. Oh, well. I would love to visit you. ~hugs~

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!