Saturday, March 4, 2023

M3GAN – A Movie Review

Finally, I’m going to do as promised. For anyone interested in science fiction/horror flicks, I absolutely recommend M3GAN. Its self awareness as a spoof on the genres tropes seemed (surprisingly) lost on my husband. He didn’t laugh like I did. Then again, I regularly watch horror movies after his bedtime. Heh…

The striking, formal clothing
blew my mind...

I agree with him that the uncanny valley of the robotic doll and its transformation added terrifying tension. There are reasons some of us fear the direction artificial intelligence is heading.

Amazingly, neither of us noticed any flaws I can recall. Every event I predicted always took an ultimately imaginative and frightening twist.

From the color palate, costumes, actors’ performances, and realistic (and limited) CGI, it riveted me. Even the runtime proved reasonable. Nods to other films added so much fun.

I’ll stop here. And if you’re still reading, I appreciate it. ~grin~ And for those interested, here is a clip that has become popular on Youtube:

If you watched the creepy video, can you believe a young gymnast (!) performed the dance? How did creators match the CGI face so wll to the action? And how on earth do people move like that?

-

8 comments:

  1. I don't really do horror. I like sci-fi and such, but I don't like being scared (she says after watching Wolf Pack last night on Paramount +. That show is very much of the jump scares and horror tropes. Why do I do this to myself?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I would get into that sort of movie. And yes, creepy clip. I love Wolf Pack. Funny that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is now a Werwolf! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even heard of Wolf Pack. With two mentions, I may need to check it out.

      Delete
  3. I saw that one on the list and I wondered if it was good. I'll check it out. Funny, I watch horror flicks at night once the wife goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do one of those video conference shares. lol It's always more fun getting scares along with a fellow fan.

      Delete
  4. My hubby and I love Sci-fi, but not horror so we will pass. My hubby is more afraid of artificial intelligence taking over than WW3. XO

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!