Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Overworked and Underpaid

I jest, of course, having retired years ago. And anyone who read about the yard work we had done knows I’m thankful for my husband. He wasn’t thrilled about spending so much yet agreed for my sake. Of course, he is also glad it got done.

At any rate, he developed a craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken yesterday. He planned on having it delivered but I offered to drive over upon learning about the fee (see above – lol) and even wait when he couldn’t get the order placed online.

Well, the deal he found was only available via the Internet. I parked the car and called him. It took a while for him to call back and I was really hungry, so I went through the adjacent Taco Bell drive-thru for a burrito.

I’d planned on eating it at home, though, until he told me the wait time of over fifteen minutes. Then he called again while I was eating. Already irritated, I couldn’t believe when he told me he’d accidentally placed the order with a KFC in Toledo, Ohio, hundreds of miles away. It took an effort to let him start over. First, he called the other restaurant to cancel.

~sigh~

Thank heaven I had my iPod with me. I listened to an old comedy routine by Mitch Hedberg. He was awesome and I find his shy unwillingness to make eye contact charming. I’m forever saddened that he succumbed to his heroin addiction.

Some time after I finished my burrito, he called yet again and the wait was now just four minutes. The real kicker is that I suggested that the order wouldn’t go through without the phone number field filled. He said it would have been highlighted on the screen. Wrong. I wanted to smack him when I got home.

Even worse, I like cold fried chicken as much as he but the piece I bit into today wasn’t fully cooked inside. Yuck. Looks like we’ll be microwaving those pieces remaining. And it was not too bad, so I will not complain to anyone at KFC. Meanwhile, for your viewing pleasure, here is a clip of Mr. Hedberg:


Isn’t it funny that my husband spent decades working in IT (Internet Technology, for crying out loud)? Aren’t you proud of me for not giving him a rap on the noggin?

-

15 comments:

  1. We hope you at least gave him an really big eye roll!
    Loved Mitch; his humor has stayed with me all of these years, and it's nice to find another aficionado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that accent he has? I can't place it. That sounds like hell, the online ordering and getting raw chicken? I had that happen getting a precooked costco chicken, not fully cooked plus it was way too salty. I got it for the cats but we have standards, lol. Has to be cooked and not like preserved warm in salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough, he's from California and adopted a sort of 'stoner' accent. lol And I found this chicken too salty, as well. Heh...

      Delete
  3. Your title goes along with my What If? question for today. You mean you weren't going to drive to Toledo for his chicken? What kind of wife are you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your husbands heart. You did make me laugh out loud. Not for the raw chicken, but the first order. Just bless his heart.

    I love the video. I've not seen him before.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. KFC for dinner? Sure. How hard can it be.
    I've noticed that experts in their fields do not know everything in their field and sometimes a word from a non expert can help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha....MARRIED life. A challenge. Not the biggest fan of KFC but every so often I just want fried chicken. We now have a couple other chicken places, maybe they deserve a try. Also, not a fan of chicken out of the cooker, I like it the next day out of the fridge! COLD....I rather have cold fried chicken! lol....Now let me tell you that I am so proud of you, blogging every day! WOW....you are rocking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier since my husband spends hours on his latest video game. lol Otherwise, he's on the sofa asking me to join him for Youtube videos. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  7. He must have worked in IT before the release of the smart phone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting statement because he actually got a smart phone while still working from home. lol

      Delete
  8. The only KFC we have left here is in a really bad place, you need someone to ride shotgun if you go there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a good wife. I would have bought my hubby a burrito and headed home. :) We were buying a lot of rotisserie chicken at Walmart, but last time it was raw when my hubby cut into it. Ick! XO

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!